For facility managers (fms) seeking a safe way to destroy hard drives with total obliteration, there is a solution, and one that comes with a million dollar guarantee. Fms can send hard drives to DataNoMore, which shreds them into thousands of useless pieces and sends a certificate of destruction meeting stringent legal and government standards.
Fms will no longer have to fear losing confidential information and liability for fines, prison terms, and/or criminal penalties under HIPAA and other federal and state laws. Nor will they have to worry whether overwriting or erasure fully worked, if thieves might reconstruct files, or if magnets or hammers succeeded.
For only $10 per hard drive (less depending on volume), DataNoMore provides assurance the hard drive has been pulverized. Fms can order hard drive mailers from the company website. They then remove the hard drive with a screwdriver following website instructions and videos before inserting it in the mailer and then sending it back.
DataNoMore logs receipt and processing, professionally shreds the hard drive, and sends a certificate of destruction noting how and where the hard drive was reduced to bite sized pieces of commodity grade material. DataNoMore supports each destruction with a $1 million guarantee. If any information is later retrieved, and it never has been, the company will cover damages up to $1 million.
You might like:
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- Trends: Lighting Takes Center Stage
- Friday Funny: The Verdict’s In On Pets At Work
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Physical Security Planning
- Question Of The Week: Design Leads To Tricky Facility Repair?
- JLL Creates Workplace Of The Future At Revamped HQ
- The HVAC Factor: New Life For An Aging Chiller Plant
- Why Governance Is Critical To Successful Outsourcing
- Friday Funny: Take Me (And Your Wallet) Out To The Ballgame
- Friday Funny: Building Face Draws Curb Appeal?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Clean Energy Finance Tool Awarded At Bloomberg Event