This year, another 10% or 10 million pounds of R-22 supply will be removed from the marketplace as mandated by the EPA HCFC Allocation Final Rule. The EPA final rule set HCFC production and import limits to levels that would create an annual gap in supply each year based on the EPA projected servicing needs in the U.S. air conditioning and refrigeration sector.
This is why DuPont has established a national network of Authorized Refrigerant Reclaim Centers to take back recovered R-22 and other refrigerants. A menu of reclaim options are available so that DuPont refrigerant distributors are able to tailor their reclaim offering to meet the needs of their customers. The Refrigerant Reclaim Centers offer programs that are flexible and convenient to help facility managers (fms) manage their recovered refrigerants.
The annual gap in supply remains at approximately 27.5 million pounds of R-22 per year through 2014. The year over year shortfall results in 10-14% reduced supply each year. This potential shortfall in supply may be mitigated by year end carryover inventory, retrofitting existing R-22 systems to HFC refrigerants like DuPontTM ISCEON® MO99TM, improved leak reduction practices, increased recovery and reclaim activity, and overall improved refrigerant management practices.
Twenty percent of the service market will need reclaimed R-22 through 2014 to offset this anticipated shortfall. It is important for fms to implement a refrigerant management plan and take action now to increase their service practices including recovery and reclamation.
You might like:
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- Trends: Lighting Takes Center Stage
- Friday Funny: The Verdict’s In On Pets At Work
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Physical Security Planning
- Question Of The Week: Design Leads To Tricky Facility Repair?
- JLL Creates Workplace Of The Future At Revamped HQ
- The HVAC Factor: New Life For An Aging Chiller Plant
- Why Governance Is Critical To Successful Outsourcing
- Friday Funny: Take Me (And Your Wallet) Out To The Ballgame
- Friday Funny: Building Face Draws Curb Appeal?
- Clean Energy Finance Tool Awarded At Bloomberg Event
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms