New Service Spotlight: Refrigerant Reclaim Centers from DuPont
This year, another 10% or 10 million pounds of R-22 supply will be removed from the marketplace as mandated by the EPA HCFC Allocation Final Rule. The EPA final rule set HCFC production and import limits to levels that would create an annual gap in supply each year based on the EPA projected servicing needs in the U.S. air conditioning and refrigeration sector.
This is why DuPont has established a national network of Authorized Refrigerant Reclaim Centers to take back recovered R-22 and other refrigerants. A menu of reclaim options are available so that DuPont refrigerant distributors are able to tailor their reclaim offering to meet the needs of their customers. The Refrigerant Reclaim Centers offer programs that are flexible and convenient to help facility managers (fms) manage their recovered refrigerants.
The annual gap in supply remains at approximately 27.5 million pounds of R-22 per year through 2014. The year over year shortfall results in 10-14% reduced supply each year. This potential shortfall in supply may be mitigated by year end carryover inventory, retrofitting existing R-22 systems to HFC refrigerants like DuPontTM ISCEON® MO99TM, improved leak reduction practices, increased recovery and reclaim activity, and overall improved refrigerant management practices.
Twenty percent of the service market will need reclaimed R-22 through 2014 to offset this anticipated shortfall. It is important for fms to implement a refrigerant management plan and take action now to increase their service practices including recovery and reclamation.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.