By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the September 2011 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q What are the suggested costs or labor hours per square foot for a facility department to wipe/clean or sanitize a variety of surfaces?
Bloomfield Hills, MI
A Your best resource to use would be the document entitled Official ISSA 540 Cleaning Times. This reference manual is a result of a collaboration from the entire cleaning industry.
Research for this document was conducted based on suggestions from various resources such as government agencies, building service contractors, schools, universities, unions, and non-profit organizations. There are several time listings for restroom cleaning and disinfecting which you should find useful.
All questions have been submitted via the “Ask The Expert” portion of the magazine’s web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts