Tricks Of The Trade: Maintenance Timetables
By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the September 2011 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q What are the suggested costs or labor hours per square foot for a facility department to wipe/clean or sanitize a variety of surfaces?
Bloomfield Hills, MI
A Your best resource to use would be the document entitled Official ISSA 540 Cleaning Times. This reference manual is a result of a collaboration from the entire cleaning industry.
Research for this document was conducted based on suggestions from various resources such as government agencies, building service contractors, schools, universities, unions, and non-profit organizations. There are several time listings for restroom cleaning and disinfecting which you should find useful.
All questions have been submitted via the “Ask The Expert” portion of the magazine’s web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices