By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the September 2011 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q What are the suggested costs or labor hours per square foot for a facility department to wipe/clean or sanitize a variety of surfaces?
Bloomfield Hills, MI
A Your best resource to use would be the document entitled Official ISSA 540 Cleaning Times. This reference manual is a result of a collaboration from the entire cleaning industry.
Research for this document was conducted based on suggestions from various resources such as government agencies, building service contractors, schools, universities, unions, and non-profit organizations. There are several time listings for restroom cleaning and disinfecting which you should find useful.
All questions have been submitted via the “Ask The Expert” portion of the magazine’s web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- York Chiller Mobile App