By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the September 2011 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q What are the suggested costs or labor hours per square foot for a facility department to wipe/clean or sanitize a variety of surfaces?
Bloomfield Hills, MI
A Your best resource to use would be the document entitled Official ISSA 540 Cleaning Times. This reference manual is a result of a collaboration from the entire cleaning industry.
Research for this document was conducted based on suggestions from various resources such as government agencies, building service contractors, schools, universities, unions, and non-profit organizations. There are several time listings for restroom cleaning and disinfecting which you should find useful.
All questions have been submitted via the “Ask The Expert” portion of the magazine’s web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation