Immediate past ASHRAE President Lynn G. Bellenger, who served as the first woman president in the Society’s 116 year history, passed away Wednesday, October 19. She was president for the 2010-11 Society year, with her term ending in June 2011.
Bellenger, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, was a recognized expert in energy management, with a strong focus on the need for energy modeling to help create and refine more efficient buildings. She was a partner, Pathfinder Engineers & Architects, Rochester, N.Y.
“We at ASHRAE are greatly saddened by the death of our former president and our friend,” Ron Jarnagin, ASHRAE president, said. “Her lifelong passion for engineering excellence resonated within our membership and our industry, inspiring us through her belief that engineers will lead an energy revolution with innovation. Through her service, she showed that there is a path available to all who wish to extend the influence of engineering principles to better serve the world we live in.”
As ASHRAE president, Bellenger focused on Modeling a Sustainable World, sharing her thoughts about the role of modeling tools and how all involved in the built environment industry must come together to take advantage of “the rich opportunities for optimizing building performance through a collaborative approach from the beginning.”
In an interview last year, Bellenger talked about her involvement in energy efficiency and how much has been put in recent years on the need to save energy.
“One of the cool things about the sustainability movement is that it has ignited a passion in people that is changing the world. That passion has brought a sense of energy and excitement to the industry and attracted people who are committed to designing and operating sustainable buildings. I don’t see that changing in the future,” she said.
Bellenger was a recipient of an ASHRAE Exceptional Service Award, a Distinguished Service Award, two first-place ASHRAE Technology Awards and the Lincoln Bouillon Membership Award.
Funeral arrangements are private.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power