The Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association (BIFMA) International has been selected by the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) as recipient of the 2011 ASID Innovation Award. The annual ASID awards honor the achievements of individuals and companies in the field of interior design.
level™ certification is a multifaceted approach to sustainability certification. Based on the ANSI/BIFMA e3 standard, level™ is a third-party verification program that provides manufacturers with valuable resources for evaluating and communicating the environmental and social impacts of their furniture products, company, and processes. Under the level™ program, products and processes are evaluated based on criteria including: materials, use of energy, atmospheric impacts, human and ecosystem health, and social responsibility. Certification allows a manufacturer to ensure greater sustainability for their products and throughout their entire supply chain.
BIFMA Executive Director Tom Reardon stated, “We are delighted to receive this prestigious award. There are nearly 1000 products that have been level™ certified to date and the program is transforming our industry. We hope that customers are finding level™ to be a simple interface for grappling with the array of environmental and social impacts that need to be considered in the process of delivering increasingly sustainable products.”
A complete list of all certified products, certification bodies involved with the program, consultants available to assist manufacturers, and educational/training opportunities providing more indepth knowledge of the standard are all available online.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation