The Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association (BIFMA) International has been selected by the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) as recipient of the 2011 ASID Innovation Award. The annual ASID awards honor the achievements of individuals and companies in the field of interior design.
level™ certification is a multifaceted approach to sustainability certification. Based on the ANSI/BIFMA e3 standard, level™ is a third-party verification program that provides manufacturers with valuable resources for evaluating and communicating the environmental and social impacts of their furniture products, company, and processes. Under the level™ program, products and processes are evaluated based on criteria including: materials, use of energy, atmospheric impacts, human and ecosystem health, and social responsibility. Certification allows a manufacturer to ensure greater sustainability for their products and throughout their entire supply chain.
BIFMA Executive Director Tom Reardon stated, “We are delighted to receive this prestigious award. There are nearly 1000 products that have been level™ certified to date and the program is transforming our industry. We hope that customers are finding level™ to be a simple interface for grappling with the array of environmental and social impacts that need to be considered in the process of delivering increasingly sustainable products.”
A complete list of all certified products, certification bodies involved with the program, consultants available to assist manufacturers, and educational/training opportunities providing more indepth knowledge of the standard are all available online.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices