Davies Office Refurbishing, Inc., based in Albany, NY, has become the first office remanufacturer to earn level™ Sustainability Certification from the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association (BIFMA). Davies earned level™ Certification for its remanufactured Avenir and System 9000 panel system lines.
“Incorporating the requirements of BIFMA level certification into our remanufacturing processes was nothing more than a logical step forward for an organization that has viewed being green as the foundation of our business for over 60 years,” commented company President Bill Davies.
To qualify for level™ certification, the BIFMA standard not only scores the product, but also its producing organization and facilities, for sustainability in four areas: Materials, Energy and Atmosphere, Human and Ecosystem Health, and Social Responsibility. Said Davies, “At Davies Office Refurbishing, We are committed to environmentally responsible policies and practices in each of those areas and our status as the industry’s first remanufacturer to earn level™ certification reflects just how seriously we take that commitment.”
Founded in 1948, Davies Office Refurbishing is the largest multi-line furniture remanufacturer in the United States, with more than 250,000 square feet of remanufacturing and warehousing space and a staff of over 170.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management