Davies Office First Remanufacturer To Be BIFMA level Certified
Davies Office Refurbishing, Inc., based in Albany, NY, has become the first office remanufacturer to earn level™ Sustainability Certification from the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association (BIFMA). Davies earned level™ Certification for its remanufactured Avenir and System 9000 panel system lines.
“Incorporating the requirements of BIFMA level certification into our remanufacturing processes was nothing more than a logical step forward for an organization that has viewed being green as the foundation of our business for over 60 years,” commented company President Bill Davies.
To qualify for level™ certification, the BIFMA standard not only scores the product, but also its producing organization and facilities, for sustainability in four areas: Materials, Energy and Atmosphere, Human and Ecosystem Health, and Social Responsibility. Said Davies, “At Davies Office Refurbishing, We are committed to environmentally responsible policies and practices in each of those areas and our status as the industry’s first remanufacturer to earn level™ certification reflects just how seriously we take that commitment.”
Founded in 1948, Davies Office Refurbishing is the largest multi-line furniture remanufacturer in the United States, with more than 250,000 square feet of remanufacturing and warehousing space and a staff of over 170.
You might like:
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Resilient Facilities: Strong And Sustainable
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Friday Funny: Vote For America’s Top Potty
- 2010 TFM Readers’ Choice Awards
- Channel Spotlight: The Lean Approach By Veritiv
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- LEED Case Study: 100 Years Young
- Chicago’s Merchandise Mart To Install Distributed Energy Storage Technology
- Teamwork Towards Energy Reductions