Davies Office Refurbishing, Inc., based in Albany, NY, has become the first office remanufacturer to earn level™ Sustainability Certification from the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association (BIFMA). Davies earned level™ Certification for its remanufactured Avenir and System 9000 panel system lines.
“Incorporating the requirements of BIFMA level certification into our remanufacturing processes was nothing more than a logical step forward for an organization that has viewed being green as the foundation of our business for over 60 years,” commented company President Bill Davies.
To qualify for level™ certification, the BIFMA standard not only scores the product, but also its producing organization and facilities, for sustainability in four areas: Materials, Energy and Atmosphere, Human and Ecosystem Health, and Social Responsibility. Said Davies, “At Davies Office Refurbishing, We are committed to environmentally responsible policies and practices in each of those areas and our status as the industry’s first remanufacturer to earn level™ certification reflects just how seriously we take that commitment.”
Founded in 1948, Davies Office Refurbishing is the largest multi-line furniture remanufacturer in the United States, with more than 250,000 square feet of remanufacturing and warehousing space and a staff of over 170.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention