Green Seal Introduces Standard For Specialty Cleaning Products
Green Seal, Inc., has released a standard for specialty cleaners used in the Industrial and Institutional market. GS-53, Specialty Cleaning Products for Institutional and Industrial Use, covers routinely used products such as dish soaps, graffiti removers, automotive cleansers, deck and outdoor cleaners, odor removers, and polishes and waxes, among others. The standard also provides guidance on what requirements to look for in specifying disinfectants and sanitizers.
With the launch of GS-53, Green Seal now offers standards for most cleaning products. Green Seal standards for general purpose cleaning and floor cleaning products have been used for nearly two decades to help facility managers (fms) identity environmentally preferable options. Since 1993, Green Seal certified cleaning products have been used in settings ranging from Yankee Stadium to schools nationwide.
“Fms are continuing to seek cleaning products that are safer for workers and building inhabitants—and are often under mandates to do so,” says Dr. Arthur Weissman, President & CEO of Green Seal. “With the launch of GS-53 virtually all cleaners used in these settings can be Green Seal certified, which will make the job of securing environmentally preferable products much easier and more efficient.”
The evaluation process includes review of data; assessment of labeling, marketing, and promotional materials; and an on site audit of manufacturing facilities. Annual monitoring is also conducted for those awarded the Green Seal to ensure continued compliance.
The Green Seal mark appears on over 3600 environmentally responsible products and services, and Green Seal is accredited by the American National Standards Institute. The independent organization focuses on certification to its leadership standards, avoiding any conflict of interest that may arise from recommending products or consulting with applicants.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ