Tridium now offers two more drivers for its NiagaraAX platform—the NiagaraAX Carrier Equipment Driver and the NiagaraAX McQuay Equipment Driver. These additions add to the company’s library of drivers and portfolio of hardware, software, and tools designed to create better buildings—ones that are smarter, use less energy, are more efficient, have lower operating costs, are safer and contribute to a sustainable environment.
The Niagara Framework® is a software platform that integrates diverse systems and devices regardless of manufacturer or communication protocol into a unified platform that can be managed and controlled in real time over the Internet using a standard web browser.
The Niagara AX Carrier Equipment Driver works within the NiagaraAX Framework Architecture to provide integration of Carrier HVAC Equipment with JACE® platforms including the JACE-NXT and embedded JACEs such as the JACE-6 and JACE-7 series controllers. It allows for the discovery of CCN controllers and bridge devices mounted on Carrier equipment. Once discovered these devices and the information that they contain may be added to NiagaraAX JACEs and become part of a comprehensive building management system.
The NiagaraAX Driver for McQuay Equipment supports communication with the McQuay Open Protocol Master (OPM), which is a gateway device to a network of McQuay MicroTech controllers. This driver is compatible with NiagaraAX release 3.4 or later, communicates via RS-232 to one OPM, and works like other Niagara drivers with remote data represented as proxy points in the JACE station.
“Niagara’s open architecture continues to enable more devices to operate with the framework. The addition of these two drivers to our driver library opens up more possibilities for Niagara based building automation solutions”, said Marc Petock, vice president global marketing and communications at Tridium.” NiagaraAX software and hardware solutions are available from building control manufacturers and system integrators worldwide.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs