Tridium now offers two more drivers for its NiagaraAX platform—the NiagaraAX Carrier Equipment Driver and the NiagaraAX McQuay Equipment Driver. These additions add to the company’s library of drivers and portfolio of hardware, software, and tools designed to create better buildings—ones that are smarter, use less energy, are more efficient, have lower operating costs, are safer and contribute to a sustainable environment.
The Niagara Framework® is a software platform that integrates diverse systems and devices regardless of manufacturer or communication protocol into a unified platform that can be managed and controlled in real time over the Internet using a standard web browser.
The Niagara AX Carrier Equipment Driver works within the NiagaraAX Framework Architecture to provide integration of Carrier HVAC Equipment with JACE® platforms including the JACE-NXT and embedded JACEs such as the JACE-6 and JACE-7 series controllers. It allows for the discovery of CCN controllers and bridge devices mounted on Carrier equipment. Once discovered these devices and the information that they contain may be added to NiagaraAX JACEs and become part of a comprehensive building management system.
The NiagaraAX Driver for McQuay Equipment supports communication with the McQuay Open Protocol Master (OPM), which is a gateway device to a network of McQuay MicroTech controllers. This driver is compatible with NiagaraAX release 3.4 or later, communicates via RS-232 to one OPM, and works like other Niagara drivers with remote data represented as proxy points in the JACE station.
“Niagara’s open architecture continues to enable more devices to operate with the framework. The addition of these two drivers to our driver library opens up more possibilities for Niagara based building automation solutions”, said Marc Petock, vice president global marketing and communications at Tridium.” NiagaraAX software and hardware solutions are available from building control manufacturers and system integrators worldwide.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management