Scientific Conservation, Inc. (SCI) and the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) have announced they will collaborate to develop and deliver third-party applications to be integrated into LEED Online. LEED Online is used by project teams to submit documentation toward the certification of LEED projects.
As part of the technology agreement, facility managers will be able to use SCI’s SCIwatch™ technology through the LEED Online platform to enable automated fault detection for ongoing commissioning and predictive maintenance in commercial buildings. SCIwatch interfaces remotely with building management systems to analyze inputs, provide continuous visibility into building performance and maintenance needs, and identify operational anomalies causing energy waste, risk to equipment life, and impacts on occupant health. SCIwatch enables LEED projects to benefit from sustained energy efficiency, reduced maintenance expenses, and increased value of building portfolios.
“Building commissioning is an important strategy for efficient building performance. SCIwatch will make it even simpler for buildings to pursue a real-time, persistent approach to automated ongoing building commissioning,” said Scot Horst, senior vice president, LEED, USGBC.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?