SCI And USGBC To Develop Products For LEED Online
Scientific Conservation, Inc. (SCI) and the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) have announced they will collaborate to develop and deliver third-party applications to be integrated into LEED Online. LEED Online is used by project teams to submit documentation toward the certification of LEED projects.
As part of the technology agreement, facility managers will be able to use SCI’s SCIwatch™ technology through the LEED Online platform to enable automated fault detection for ongoing commissioning and predictive maintenance in commercial buildings. SCIwatch interfaces remotely with building management systems to analyze inputs, provide continuous visibility into building performance and maintenance needs, and identify operational anomalies causing energy waste, risk to equipment life, and impacts on occupant health. SCIwatch enables LEED projects to benefit from sustained energy efficiency, reduced maintenance expenses, and increased value of building portfolios.
“Building commissioning is an important strategy for efficient building performance. SCIwatch will make it even simpler for buildings to pursue a real-time, persistent approach to automated ongoing building commissioning,” said Scot Horst, senior vice president, LEED, USGBC.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ