While you may not believe this following story, it’s true. When It’s Gone It’s Gone, an online store, is selling a one of a kind office chair: a pilot’s ejector seat.
According to Boing Boing, “this Royal Navy ejector seat has been fitted with legs for use as an office desk-chair…as for price, it’s a strictly ‘make an offer’ affair.” And as HolyKaw so aptly puts it, “there are plenty of folks out there who wouldn’t mind being sprung from their cubicle to do whatever isn’t the work piling up in the inbox. Fortunately, for one lucky buyer, the office chair ejector seat could soon be a reality.”
Here is a complete description of this fabulous offer, courtesy of When It’s Gone It’s Gone (that’s the site and the chair–not the person sitting in the chair):
It doesn’t get more niche than this! We stock unusual, unique items at no fixed price. Like our ejector seat? Make us an offer!
Our Martin Baker Mk6 ejector seat for sale, originally used in a Royal Navy Buccaneer, has been fitted with a stainless steel frame, transforming it into the unique seat it is today! Complete with original ‘chutes, harness, and eject handles, the seat is guaranteed to turn heads in the office or look great at home!
The Mk.6MSB was fitted to the Buccaneer jet used by both RAF and Royal Navy. This seat in particular was fitted to XV157 which flew first with the Royal Navy from ’66, including operating from the aircraft carrier HMS Eagle (where its was coded 107/E) and RAF squadrons from ’69. XV157 was sadly scrapped in ’91, at which point this seat was removed and converted to a training seat.
The ejector seat has been kept in its original authentic condition to preserve its’ history; parts are original to the chair, including straps, parachute, seat cushion, and handles. Paintwork has been kept as the original. Rockets are present – including pitch rockets – minus cartridge and propellant.
Please use the contact form to make us an offer or ask any questions. To receive a timely and accurate reply please provide as much information as you can.
We are a UK based company, operating out of the Midlands. We will endeavour to assist international customers where possible.
whenitsgone…. it’s gone!
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Best Practices For Data Center Management