While you may not believe this following story, it’s true. When It’s Gone It’s Gone, an online store, is selling a one of a kind office chair: a pilot’s ejector seat.
According to Boing Boing, “this Royal Navy ejector seat has been fitted with legs for use as an office desk-chair…as for price, it’s a strictly ‘make an offer’ affair.” And as HolyKaw so aptly puts it, “there are plenty of folks out there who wouldn’t mind being sprung from their cubicle to do whatever isn’t the work piling up in the inbox. Fortunately, for one lucky buyer, the office chair ejector seat could soon be a reality.”
Here is a complete description of this fabulous offer, courtesy of When It’s Gone It’s Gone (that’s the site and the chair–not the person sitting in the chair):
It doesn’t get more niche than this! We stock unusual, unique items at no fixed price. Like our ejector seat? Make us an offer!
Our Martin Baker Mk6 ejector seat for sale, originally used in a Royal Navy Buccaneer, has been fitted with a stainless steel frame, transforming it into the unique seat it is today! Complete with original ‘chutes, harness, and eject handles, the seat is guaranteed to turn heads in the office or look great at home!
The Mk.6MSB was fitted to the Buccaneer jet used by both RAF and Royal Navy. This seat in particular was fitted to XV157 which flew first with the Royal Navy from ’66, including operating from the aircraft carrier HMS Eagle (where its was coded 107/E) and RAF squadrons from ’69. XV157 was sadly scrapped in ’91, at which point this seat was removed and converted to a training seat.
The ejector seat has been kept in its original authentic condition to preserve its’ history; parts are original to the chair, including straps, parachute, seat cushion, and handles. Paintwork has been kept as the original. Rockets are present – including pitch rockets – minus cartridge and propellant.
Please use the contact form to make us an offer or ask any questions. To receive a timely and accurate reply please provide as much information as you can.
We are a UK based company, operating out of the Midlands. We will endeavour to assist international customers where possible.
whenitsgone…. it’s gone!
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation