While you may not believe this following story, it’s true. When It’s Gone It’s Gone, an online store, is selling a one of a kind office chair: a pilot’s ejector seat.
According to Boing Boing, “this Royal Navy ejector seat has been fitted with legs for use as an office desk-chair…as for price, it’s a strictly ‘make an offer’ affair.” And as HolyKaw so aptly puts it, “there are plenty of folks out there who wouldn’t mind being sprung from their cubicle to do whatever isn’t the work piling up in the inbox. Fortunately, for one lucky buyer, the office chair ejector seat could soon be a reality.”
Here is a complete description of this fabulous offer, courtesy of When It’s Gone It’s Gone (that’s the site and the chair–not the person sitting in the chair):
It doesn’t get more niche than this! We stock unusual, unique items at no fixed price. Like our ejector seat? Make us an offer!
Our Martin Baker Mk6 ejector seat for sale, originally used in a Royal Navy Buccaneer, has been fitted with a stainless steel frame, transforming it into the unique seat it is today! Complete with original ‘chutes, harness, and eject handles, the seat is guaranteed to turn heads in the office or look great at home!
The Mk.6MSB was fitted to the Buccaneer jet used by both RAF and Royal Navy. This seat in particular was fitted to XV157 which flew first with the Royal Navy from ’66, including operating from the aircraft carrier HMS Eagle (where its was coded 107/E) and RAF squadrons from ’69. XV157 was sadly scrapped in ’91, at which point this seat was removed and converted to a training seat.
The ejector seat has been kept in its original authentic condition to preserve its’ history; parts are original to the chair, including straps, parachute, seat cushion, and handles. Paintwork has been kept as the original. Rockets are present – including pitch rockets – minus cartridge and propellant.
Please use the contact form to make us an offer or ask any questions. To receive a timely and accurate reply please provide as much information as you can.
We are a UK based company, operating out of the Midlands. We will endeavour to assist international customers where possible.
whenitsgone…. it’s gone!
You might like:
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Did You Miss “Facilities Management Challenges And Opportunities In 2016” Webinar?