BOMI International and BOMA International Announcement
Leaders and staff of BOMA International and BOMI International recently met to explore areas of mutual interest where they could work together while driving commercial real estate initiatives. The range of topics included training future talent, developing careers in real estate, and meeting the emerging educational needs of the existing workforce.
“We share a marketplace that is constantly changing for our respective members and students,” said BOMA International Chair Boyd R. Zoccola, executive vice president, Hokanson Companies Inc. “It makes a lot of sense for us to work together to enhance the property management profession and to provide the training that will create high performance companies.”
“Future professionals in the real estate management industry will demand training in ways just being imagined today,” stated BOMI International Chair Dolores Bocian. “BOMI International’s mandate is to ensure that both our educational content, as well as the methods through which we deliver content, reflect and meet the needs of current and future students. Working with BOMA in recognizing future trends in real estate management will help us prepare our students for the challenges of tomorrow.”
As a result of the meeting, four areas of initial collaboration were identified to explore:
- Leverage resources and events to attract talent to careers in real estate.
- Build training and education offerings and networking for asset managers.
- Work on ways to help returning military veterans find training, jobs, and networking communities.
- Market and publicize the value of the property management profession.
The organizations will dedicate resources in pursuit of these four initiatives beginning this fall. As progress is made in these areas, both groups will report back to enlist the help of their constituencies.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- FM Alert: Is Your Facility Ready For Winter Weather?
- Did You Miss The “What You Haven’t Heard About LED Upgrades – But Should!” Webinar?
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management