FRIDAY FUNNY: Turning Lemons Into Lemonade
This post was submitted by TFM FM Frequency Columnist Charles Carpenter, a facility management professional who is often asked to test his powers of creative thinking.
Take a good look at the photo below. What can you see that’s wrong with this furniture installation? There might be a lot of things, but one is clearly obvious.
Still not seeing it? Here’s a hint:
When given four furniture connectors that were too tall, Carpenter had the following options:
- Wait days or a week for the correct size to be cut down and/or repainted, and then pay someone to return to complete the installation.
- Obtain the proper equipment to cut them to size safely and hope the paint did not need touch up.
- Use them and let them stick out like a sore thumb.
- Swap them randomly around the building for the right size and tell people they are coat racks/posts/hangers.
Carpenter went with #4, and now he is getting requests for more!
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
Topic Tags: furniture