IFMA Foundation Awards $100,000 in Scholarships
The IFMA Foundation has presented $100,000 in scholarships to 36 students pursuing degrees in facility management and related fields. The IFMA Foundation works for the public good to promote priority research and educational opportunities for the advancement of the facility management profession. The foundation has been awarding facility management scholarships to deserving students for more than two decades to ensure the quality of the built environment in a changing world.
Fifty-four graduate and undergraduate students representing 23 schools applied for the scholarships, which are awarded based on merit. The scholarships range from $1,500 to $5,000 per student, and the winners also received a free trip to World Workplace.
This year’s winners represent countries including Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States, and hail from schools including Brigham Young, Carnegie Mellon, Cornell, Harvard, Texas A&M, and the University of Calgary.
“These scholarships demonstrate that practicing facility professionals care about the future leaders of their profession, and I am honored to be selected as a 2011 IFMA Foundation scholarship recipient,” said Angela Lewis, P.E., LEED AP, doctoral student in the University of Reading’s School of Construction Management and Engineering. “IFMA Foundation scholarship donors are investing in the development of tomorrow’s researchers, educators, and facility professionals. I thank them for their contributions.”
Scholarships are being provided by several IFMA chapters and councils, as well as by companies including Davies Office Refurbishing and Sodexo. Since the IFMA Foundation began awarding scholarships to students in 1991, it has provided a total of 346 scholarships worth $954,750.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.