The IFMA Foundation has presented $100,000 in scholarships to 36 students pursuing degrees in facility management and related fields. The IFMA Foundation works for the public good to promote priority research and educational opportunities for the advancement of the facility management profession. The foundation has been awarding facility management scholarships to deserving students for more than two decades to ensure the quality of the built environment in a changing world.
Fifty-four graduate and undergraduate students representing 23 schools applied for the scholarships, which are awarded based on merit. The scholarships range from $1,500 to $5,000 per student, and the winners also received a free trip to World Workplace.
This year’s winners represent countries including Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States, and hail from schools including Brigham Young, Carnegie Mellon, Cornell, Harvard, Texas A&M, and the University of Calgary.
“These scholarships demonstrate that practicing facility professionals care about the future leaders of their profession, and I am honored to be selected as a 2011 IFMA Foundation scholarship recipient,” said Angela Lewis, P.E., LEED AP, doctoral student in the University of Reading’s School of Construction Management and Engineering. “IFMA Foundation scholarship donors are investing in the development of tomorrow’s researchers, educators, and facility professionals. I thank them for their contributions.”
Scholarships are being provided by several IFMA chapters and councils, as well as by companies including Davies Office Refurbishing and Sodexo. Since the IFMA Foundation began awarding scholarships to students in 1991, it has provided a total of 346 scholarships worth $954,750.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades