Lufthansa Going Green: Air Cargo Innovation Contest
Lufthansa Cargo is holding a contest inviting people to present their “Green Solutions” to help reduce the cargo company’s environmental impact and improve its services. The contest is open to anyone, no matter where they live, through December 19, 2011.
Lufthansa Cargo will award three winners with a trip to Frankfurt, Germany, where they will get to present their proposals to engineers and management and discuss how their ideas may be implemented. Winners will also receive flight training with a Lufthansa Cargo Flight Captain and other prizes. In addition, a Most Valuable Participant will be recognized, based on activity in the contest, quality of contributions, and support for other members.
Proposals can cover any aspect within the Lufthansa Air Cargo Supply Chain (Sales, Handling, Transport, Customer Service) that fall within the categories of Green Solutions and/or Add On Services. Candidates get the opportunity to receive feedback and exposure from people all over the world, since ideas are posted online where people can review and comment openly.
The jury will meet in January 2012, and the winners will be announced in February 2012. The jury is made up of the following:
• Dr. Andreas Otto, Member of the Executive Board Product & Sales
• Dr. Karl Rupprecht, Member of the Executive Board Operations
• Monika Wiederhold, Senior Vice President Product
• Thilo Schäfer, Senior Vice President Handling Processes
• Bernhard Kindelbacher, Senior Vice President Strategy
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ