The National Building Information Modeling Standard-United States™ (NBIMS-US™) Project Committee has approved 18 submissions to be included in Version 2 of the standard. The NBIMS-US is a consensus standard that reflects the interests of all facets of the life cycle for the facilities industry, from inception of a facility onward.
The approved documents fall into three main categories: reference standards, information exchange standards (which are built upon the reference standards), and best practice guidelines that support users in their implementation of open building information modeling (BIM) standards-based deliverables.
The nine approved reference standards include:
- Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) 2×3
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) XML
- OmniClass Tables 13, 21, 22, 23, 32 and 36
- International Framework Dictionary (IFD) Library Update
- The four approved information exchange standards include:
- Construction Operations Building information exchange (COBie)
- Information Delivery Manual/Model View Definition (IDM/MVD) Design to Spatial Program Validation
- IDM MVD Design to Building Energy Analysis
- IDM MVD Design to Quantity Takeoff
- The five approved guidelines and applications include:
- BIM Project Execution Planning Guide – V2.1
- BIM Project Execution Plan Content – V2.1
- Minimum BIM
- Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) Coordination Requirements
- Planning, Executing and Managing Information Handovers
The NBIMS-US Project Committee oversees development of the standard, under direction of its parent, the buildingSMART alliance. A council of the National Institute of Building Sciences, the Alliance plans to publish the completed NBIMS-US Version 2 in February 2012. Upon the release, it is expected that other countries will use the NBIMS-US Version 2 as the basis of their national standards.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention