NBIMS-US One Step Closer to Modeling Standard
The National Building Information Modeling Standard-United States™ (NBIMS-US™) Project Committee has approved 18 submissions to be included in Version 2 of the standard. The NBIMS-US is a consensus standard that reflects the interests of all facets of the life cycle for the facilities industry, from inception of a facility onward.
The approved documents fall into three main categories: reference standards, information exchange standards (which are built upon the reference standards), and best practice guidelines that support users in their implementation of open building information modeling (BIM) standards-based deliverables.
The nine approved reference standards include:
- Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) 2×3
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) XML
- OmniClass Tables 13, 21, 22, 23, 32 and 36
- International Framework Dictionary (IFD) Library Update
- The four approved information exchange standards include:
- Construction Operations Building information exchange (COBie)
- Information Delivery Manual/Model View Definition (IDM/MVD) Design to Spatial Program Validation
- IDM MVD Design to Building Energy Analysis
- IDM MVD Design to Quantity Takeoff
- The five approved guidelines and applications include:
- BIM Project Execution Planning Guide – V2.1
- BIM Project Execution Plan Content – V2.1
- Minimum BIM
- Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) Coordination Requirements
- Planning, Executing and Managing Information Handovers
The NBIMS-US Project Committee oversees development of the standard, under direction of its parent, the buildingSMART alliance. A council of the National Institute of Building Sciences, the Alliance plans to publish the completed NBIMS-US Version 2 in February 2012. Upon the release, it is expected that other countries will use the NBIMS-US Version 2 as the basis of their national standards.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ