Modular Elevator Manufacturing, Inc. (MEM), a Chatsworth, CA manufacturer of factory preinstalled commercial hydraulic and machine-room-less elevators, has introduced its Modular Machine Room-less (MMRL) elevator. The MMRL is a full size commercial elevator designed as a self contained freestanding unit that can be delivered to a facility and installed in one day.
The MMRL has a weight capacity of up to 3,500 pounds, is gurney compliant, and travels at a speed of 350 feet per minute. It is also ADA compliant.
Most suitable for structures taller than five stories, the MMRL eliminates the need for a separate equipment room and requires less space than other elevators. The product is installed in MEM’s freestanding modular hoistway, which is often connected to the building the elevator is servicing without having to share the same foundation. MEM states that compared to conventional hydraulic elevators, the MMRL elevator uses less power due to its efficient design and counterweighted configuration.
The elevators can also be used temporarily during construction projects on job sites.
MEM, a sister company to T.L. Shield & Associates, Inc., designs and manufactures the modular elevators for two to seven story exterior applications in new and existing facility projects. From its experience in supplying and installing all types of conveyance products, T.L. Shield & Associates introduced the modular elevator to the construction market in 1997. After approval by the Division of the State Architect in California and success in the education market, the company expanded and formed MEM in 2004.
MEM elevators feature digital controls, fully equipped steel cars, and pre-assembled towers constructed from welded tubular steel, powered by hydraulic holeless, in-ground jacks, or machine-room-less technology.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Best Practices For Data Center Management