QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Remote HVAC Alarm Monitoring
Q. We currently receive remote HVAC alarms into a modem connected to a “dumb” terminal which has a printer attached. Basically, what gets transmitted gets displayed on the screen and printed (like an old tele-type machine). It’s not sophisticated, but it works.
I’m trying to see if we can take this to the next level and capture these alarms electronically. The goal is not only to react to them as they occur, but to report on the alarm data collected. Is there alarm monitoring and collection software out there?
We are a 60 store grocery chain. Paying a service to monitor the alarms is not cost effective, and the SLA side of things is lacking. Our current “system” works and we won’t eliminate any costs by automating this, but I’m not sure what is out there either.
Big Y Foods, Inc
Director of IRT Infrastructure
Share your feedback and suggestions in the LEAVE A COMMENT section below.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ