Whitestone Research has released The Whitestone Facility Operations Cost Reference 2011-2012, International Version. This new reference is the only source for international facility costs, providing detailed operation cost statistics for 75 building types in over 100 international areas.
As with the North American Version, data is included for three levels of service for 11 operations including: Custodial, Energy, Grounds, Maintenance & Repair, Management, Pest Control, Refuse, Road Clearance, Security, Telecommunications, and Water & Sewer.
Facility operations costs ranged from $24.55 per square foot in Geneva to $3.02 per square foot in Damascus. In Washington DC, the benchmark city for Whitestone’s Cost References, Facility Operations Costs are $13.54 per square foot.
Comparison of Facility Operations Cost: Rank Metropolitan Area Cost per Square Foot
1 Geneva $24.55
2 Zurich $24.28
3 Honolulu $18.99
4 Hilo $19.36
5 Vienna $18.09
6 Tokyo $17.52
7 Osaka $17.52
8 Copenhagen $17.21
9 Stockholm $16.42
10 New York $16.34
These are reported costs for a model two story office building as defined in the Whitestone Facility Operations Cost Reference, 2011 – 2012. All costs are reported in $USD using May 17, 2011 exchange rates.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts