The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) has launched an online App Lab as part of its LEED Automation Program. The lab launched with eight applications developed by LEED Automation Partners and is designed for use with Internet browsers, tablets, smartphones, and other devices.
The App Lab is a searchable catalog of third-party apps that are integrated with LEED data. Each app is a fully functional software tool that has been enhanced to provide LEED projects teams and administrators integration with LEED Online and address the certification process. These tools are already being used for helping with task management, data interchange, file uploads, credit scorecards, credit strategies, and team messaging, and they are now capable of interacting directly with USGBC’s LEED Online system.
“The LEED App Lab has been highly anticipated as a way to leverage multiple partners to expand the presence of green building,” said Scot Horst, senior vice president, LEED at USGBC. All LEED automation partners have the ability to publish new apps to USGBC’s App Lab.
The apps available today (listed below) represent USGBC’s initial LEED Automation Partners, with additional apps expected to be added over time:
- Greengrade LEED Management Software
- Indie Energy Network and Energy App Exchange
- LEED EBOM Document Management (LDM)
- LoraxPro Mobile
- SeriousEnergy Manager
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?