The International Facility Management Association (IFMA) has announced the appointment of Lowell M. Aplebaum as the new director of membership and councils for the Houston, TX-based association. In his new role, Aplebaum will ensure IFMA’s strategic objectives are being met through the association’s chapters, councils, and communities of practice, and that these component groups are positioned and maintained as the premier organizations serving stakeholders in their respective specialty or geographic region. He will be responsible for fostering a growth in IFMA membership through the acquisition and retention of members; enhancing and executing the strategic planning process for IFMA; and working with the association’s board of directors in implementing IFMA’s vision, mission, and strategy, and the individual strategic plans of IFMA’s component groups.
Aplebaum comes to IFMA from the Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society in Rockville, MD, where he served as the director of member relations, helped increase membership by 6%, and doubled the association’s number of global chapters. Before RAPS, Aplebaum was employed with the American Institute of Chemical Engineers in New York, NY, as the manager of member initiatives and the Waxman Youth House of Great Neck, NY, as its director.
Aplebaum holds bachelor’s degrees from Columbia University and List College, and a master’s degree from the Davidson School of Education.
“As the newest member of the IFMA team, I am excited to contribute to the invaluable resources and opportunities the association provides to facility management professionals worldwide,” said Aplebaum. “I look forward to exploring how we can elevate the value inherent in IFMA membership and strengthen the community ties that have been developed by our councils and chapters and within the entire association. I am honored to work with dedicated volunteer leaders, passionate members, and my fellow staff to build on IFMA’s efforts to improve and strengthen the global facility management profession.”
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
Topic Tags: IFMA