The International Facility Management Association (IFMA) has announced the appointment of Lowell M. Aplebaum as the new director of membership and councils for the Houston, TX-based association. In his new role, Aplebaum will ensure IFMA’s strategic objectives are being met through the association’s chapters, councils, and communities of practice, and that these component groups are positioned and maintained as the premier organizations serving stakeholders in their respective specialty or geographic region. He will be responsible for fostering a growth in IFMA membership through the acquisition and retention of members; enhancing and executing the strategic planning process for IFMA; and working with the association’s board of directors in implementing IFMA’s vision, mission, and strategy, and the individual strategic plans of IFMA’s component groups.
Aplebaum comes to IFMA from the Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society in Rockville, MD, where he served as the director of member relations, helped increase membership by 6%, and doubled the association’s number of global chapters. Before RAPS, Aplebaum was employed with the American Institute of Chemical Engineers in New York, NY, as the manager of member initiatives and the Waxman Youth House of Great Neck, NY, as its director.
Aplebaum holds bachelor’s degrees from Columbia University and List College, and a master’s degree from the Davidson School of Education.
“As the newest member of the IFMA team, I am excited to contribute to the invaluable resources and opportunities the association provides to facility management professionals worldwide,” said Aplebaum. “I look forward to exploring how we can elevate the value inherent in IFMA membership and strengthen the community ties that have been developed by our councils and chapters and within the entire association. I am honored to work with dedicated volunteer leaders, passionate members, and my fellow staff to build on IFMA’s efforts to improve and strengthen the global facility management profession.”
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts
Topic Tags: IFMA