The International Facility Management Association (IFMA) has announced the appointment of Lowell M. Aplebaum as the new director of membership and councils for the Houston, TX-based association. In his new role, Aplebaum will ensure IFMA’s strategic objectives are being met through the association’s chapters, councils, and communities of practice, and that these component groups are positioned and maintained as the premier organizations serving stakeholders in their respective specialty or geographic region. He will be responsible for fostering a growth in IFMA membership through the acquisition and retention of members; enhancing and executing the strategic planning process for IFMA; and working with the association’s board of directors in implementing IFMA’s vision, mission, and strategy, and the individual strategic plans of IFMA’s component groups.
Aplebaum comes to IFMA from the Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society in Rockville, MD, where he served as the director of member relations, helped increase membership by 6%, and doubled the association’s number of global chapters. Before RAPS, Aplebaum was employed with the American Institute of Chemical Engineers in New York, NY, as the manager of member initiatives and the Waxman Youth House of Great Neck, NY, as its director.
Aplebaum holds bachelor’s degrees from Columbia University and List College, and a master’s degree from the Davidson School of Education.
“As the newest member of the IFMA team, I am excited to contribute to the invaluable resources and opportunities the association provides to facility management professionals worldwide,” said Aplebaum. “I look forward to exploring how we can elevate the value inherent in IFMA membership and strengthen the community ties that have been developed by our councils and chapters and within the entire association. I am honored to work with dedicated volunteer leaders, passionate members, and my fellow staff to build on IFMA’s efforts to improve and strengthen the global facility management profession.”
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
Topic Tags: IFMA