New woodgrain laminates and premium Zebrawood composite and Sapele veneers are now available as part of the Kimball Office Vision Collection of surface materials. Additionally, three new polyvinyl chloride (PVC)-free woodgrain thermofoils will be available on March 1, 2012. These additions are an extension of the new wood finishes that launched to the market in November 2011.
The updated portfolio supports Kimball Office’s sustainability efforts, through the use of natural wood veneers, FSC wood options, and integration of Kimball Office’s proprietary UV-finish, Pura(R).
“There is growing interest among clients to include exotic wood species in their workplace environments,” said Georgy Olivieri, director of architecture, design and sustainability strategies for Kimball Office. “In order to meet clients’ demands and preserve Kimball Office’s commitment to responsible forestry practices, the Vision Collection offers Zebrawood composite as well as a wide range of laminate and eco-friendly woodgrain thermofoil options.”
The new premium specialty veneers and finishes include Sapele (Sienna and Coco) and Zebrawood composite (Clear coat)
Wood laminate finish options include Zebrawood, Maple (Brighton and Huntington), Walnut (Tribeca, Midtown and Urban), Cherry (Cordoba, Sedona, Amber and Mocha)
Woodgrain thermofoil finish options include Maple (Brighton), Walnut (Midtown), Cherry (Cordoba and Mocha)
The addition of premium veneers, wood laminates, and woodgrain thermofoils completes the second phase of a three phase launch for the Vision Collection, which was developed with the help of Perkins+Will design principals, Eva Maddox and Eileen Jones.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation