The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has published new and revised information that explains workers’ and employers’ rights, as well as how to protect workers from hazards in the construction, general, and maritime industries.
OSHA’s Small Entity Compliance Guide for Respiratory Protection Standard provides small businesses with a comprehensive, step-by-step guide complete with checklists and commonly asked questions that will aid both employees and workers in small businesses with a better understanding of OSHA’s respiratory protection standard.
It’s the law of the land that workers have a right to a safe workplace. OSHA’s Workers’ Rights booklet describes the rights to which workers are legally entitled to under the Occupational Safety and Health Act. The booklet covers many topics, including rights provided under OSHA standards, filing a complaint with OSHA, whistleblower protections, and educational and training resources available.
OSHA provides employers with information on their rights and responsibilities following a federal OSHA inspection. The booklet, Employer Rights and Responsibilities, explains what happens after an inspection, and defines the types of violations for which an employer may be cited as a result of an inspection.
OSHA has also published additional information to help protect construction, general industry, and shipyard workers along with those who work outdoors. To order free copies of these materials online, visit OSHA’s Publications page.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation