OSHA Updates Worker Safety And Health Resources
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has published new and revised information that explains workers’ and employers’ rights, as well as how to protect workers from hazards in the construction, general, and maritime industries.
OSHA’s Small Entity Compliance Guide for Respiratory Protection Standard provides small businesses with a comprehensive, step-by-step guide complete with checklists and commonly asked questions that will aid both employees and workers in small businesses with a better understanding of OSHA’s respiratory protection standard.
It’s the law of the land that workers have a right to a safe workplace. OSHA’s Workers’ Rights booklet describes the rights to which workers are legally entitled to under the Occupational Safety and Health Act. The booklet covers many topics, including rights provided under OSHA standards, filing a complaint with OSHA, whistleblower protections, and educational and training resources available.
OSHA provides employers with information on their rights and responsibilities following a federal OSHA inspection. The booklet, Employer Rights and Responsibilities, explains what happens after an inspection, and defines the types of violations for which an employer may be cited as a result of an inspection.
OSHA has also published additional information to help protect construction, general industry, and shipyard workers along with those who work outdoors. To order free copies of these materials online, visit OSHA’s Publications page.
You might like:
- New Service Spotlight: Attune Energy Dashboard by E-Mon
- From Where I Sit: RIP Dilbert
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- WEIRD WEDNESDAY: Lost In Space
- FM Issue: Managing Security Services
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions