WEB EXCLUSIVE: Ice Melt Tips for Facility Managers
This web exclusive comes from Niles Hysell, director of Ice Melt Product Management for Morton Salt, Inc.
Until recently, there were conflicting recommendations from various authoritative sources about the optimal melter and application rate to clear ice and snow effectively. This confusion has lead to over-application and unnecessary environmental runoff over the years. Understanding the differences between melters and their optimal use can help facility managers pinpoint the most cost-effective and efficient ice melt tools.
To address the issue, Morton Salt partnered with Michigan Technological University, a leading authority on snow removal and melter testing, to test melter performance in the real world and identify the best products and application amounts to use in varying winter temperatures.
The research, which was done in a controlled lab setting as well as outdoors, uncovered how extreme temperature melters, like pure calcium chloride, were only necessary to have on hand when temperatures fall below zero. For normal winter temperatures, i.e. above 0°F, facility managers can save money, time, and help reduce environmental impact with safer ice melt blends and rock salt.
Morton leverages research and analysis to help customers access the right products for their needs all season long. Part of that promise is gathering sophisticated weather intelligence to meet projected seasonal demand, so the right product is there when customers need it most. Between the latest research and analytical tools, facility managers can ensure a safer, happier snow season.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ