Humantech, Inc., a workplace improvement company located in Ann Arbor, MI, has announced the release of its HT NIOSH Lift Calculator app (htLiftCalc) for the iPad and iPhone.
This tool was designed to calculate the risk associated with manual material handling tasks. The certified professional ergonomists at Humantech developed the htLiftCalc application, available on iTunes, to perform the NIOSH Lifting Equation whenever needed.
In 1991, NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) developed the NIOSH Lifting Equation to help identify physical stressors associated with manual material handling and lifting tasks. By some estimates, manual material handling is the biggest contributor to worker injury in the U.S. According to the 2012 Liberty Mutual Workplace Safety Index, overexertion injuries, which include injuries related to lifting, are the most disabling of all workplace injuries, accounting for $13.4 billion in direct costs. As a result, the NIOSH model has been widely used by industrial safety professionals since its creation.
The new app from Humantech is available in both metric and standard measurement. It can be used at the job site to evaluate both existing and proposed lifting conditions to determine the Recommended Weight Limit (RWL) for a specific job or task, and it can identify those jobs or tasks that might require ergonomic intervention.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management