NEW SERVICE SPOTLIGHT: NIOSH Lift Calculator by Humantech
Humantech, Inc., a workplace improvement company located in Ann Arbor, MI, has announced the release of its HT NIOSH Lift Calculator app (htLiftCalc) for the iPad and iPhone.
This tool was designed to calculate the risk associated with manual material handling tasks. The certified professional ergonomists at Humantech developed the htLiftCalc application, available on iTunes, to perform the NIOSH Lifting Equation whenever needed.
In 1991, NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) developed the NIOSH Lifting Equation to help identify physical stressors associated with manual material handling and lifting tasks. By some estimates, manual material handling is the biggest contributor to worker injury in the U.S. According to the 2012 Liberty Mutual Workplace Safety Index, overexertion injuries, which include injuries related to lifting, are the most disabling of all workplace injuries, accounting for $13.4 billion in direct costs. As a result, the NIOSH model has been widely used by industrial safety professionals since its creation.
The new app from Humantech is available in both metric and standard measurement. It can be used at the job site to evaluate both existing and proposed lifting conditions to determine the Recommended Weight Limit (RWL) for a specific job or task, and it can identify those jobs or tasks that might require ergonomic intervention.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Question Of The Week: Annual Testing And Maintenance Of Backflow Preventer
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management