Humantech, Inc., a workplace improvement company located in Ann Arbor, MI, has announced the release of its HT NIOSH Lift Calculator app (htLiftCalc) for the iPad and iPhone.
This tool was designed to calculate the risk associated with manual material handling tasks. The certified professional ergonomists at Humantech developed the htLiftCalc application, available on iTunes, to perform the NIOSH Lifting Equation whenever needed.
In 1991, NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) developed the NIOSH Lifting Equation to help identify physical stressors associated with manual material handling and lifting tasks. By some estimates, manual material handling is the biggest contributor to worker injury in the U.S. According to the 2012 Liberty Mutual Workplace Safety Index, overexertion injuries, which include injuries related to lifting, are the most disabling of all workplace injuries, accounting for $13.4 billion in direct costs. As a result, the NIOSH model has been widely used by industrial safety professionals since its creation.
The new app from Humantech is available in both metric and standard measurement. It can be used at the job site to evaluate both existing and proposed lifting conditions to determine the Recommended Weight Limit (RWL) for a specific job or task, and it can identify those jobs or tasks that might require ergonomic intervention.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention