OSHA Videos Demo Safe Respirator Use
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has posted a series of 17 videos to help workers learn about the proper use of respirators on the job.
These short videos, nine in English and eight in Spanish, provide relevant information to workers in general industry and construction. Topics include OSHA’s Respiratory Standard, respirator use, training, fit-testing, and detecting counterfeit respirators. The videos are available on OSHA’s website, with closed captioning for streaming or download.
OSHA’s Safety and Health topics page on Respiratory Protection also includes additional training materials, information about occupational respiratory hazards in different industries, and details of OSHA’s Respiratory Protection Standard (29 CFR 1910.134 and 29 CFR 1926.103).
Under the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplaces for their employees. OSHA’s role is to assure these conditions for working men and women in the U.S. by setting and enforcing standards, and providing training, education, and assistance.
You might like:
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Chicago’s Merchandise Mart To Install Distributed Energy Storage Technology
- Resilient Facilities: Strong And Sustainable
- Teamwork Towards Energy Reductions
- LEED Case Study: 100 Years Young
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices
- NIBS Developing New Building Information Modeling Guideline
- Channel Spotlight: The Lean Approach By Veritiv
- OSHA’s Top 10 Workplace Safety Violations for 2015