Workers who spend long periods at workstations and who may be at risk through poor posture can now get help from their smartphones. Cardinus Risk Management has developed a software app to provide iPhone and Android users with essential ergonomic advice and simple, fun stretching exercises. The app, called Healthworking+, is designed to promote well being and reduce the risk of injury to office workers.
Musculoskeletal disorders such as back pain and aches in the neck and shoulders affect thousands of people, and work-related upper limb disorders (WRULDs) account for almost half of all occupational diseases. Often these problems can be avoided by correctly setting up chairs, desks, and computers and following simple advice. Stretching exercises go even further to promote well being.
Healthworking+ contains valuable advice about seating and posture, including how to adjust your chair and how to set correct working heights for desks and computer monitors. The exercise section contains 19 instructional videos demonstrating a range of stretches designed to keep backs, shoulders, necks, arms, and wrists free from strain and injury.
Jon Abbott, managing director – ergonomics and safety at Cardinus Risk Management, said, “Our Healthyworking+ app provides a great way for individuals to stay healthy. This simple to use app provides hints and tips to set up your workstation correctly and a library of stretching exercises to help relax the affected part of your body.
“All the Healthyworking+ exercises are demonstrated using videos from our award winning ergonomics software, Workstation Safety Plus. Each exercise is supported by a written description to ensure users fully understand the stretch before starting it.”
Healthyworking+ is free to download from the Apple AppStore and Android Market now. Search for Healthyworking+ or Cardinus.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs