As part of the ongoing effort to support local communities and spread wellness, the Georgia-Pacific Professional business and company’s Green Bay, WI operations donated nearly $200,000 of hand soap and dispensers to the Green Bay Area Public School District (GBAPSD).
Georgia-Pacific’s Green Bay operation is a key manufacturing site for Georgia-Pacific Professional tissue, towel, and napkin products, with the company operating mills in the area for more than a century.
“We know that hand washing can prevent the spread of illness,” says Dr. Michelle S. Langenfeld, GBAPSD superintendent. “As we enter the cold and flu season, we anticipate that the Georgia-Pacific Professional products, teamed with education on the importance of hand washing, will positively impact not only the health of our students but potentially their academic achievement as well.”
The 4,182 cases of the company’s Pacific Garden® general purpose gentle foam soap and 1,440 Pacific Garden® dispensers will provide an estimated two year supply to the state’s fifth largest school district, serving more than 20,000 students.
“Reducing absenteeism is vital to the health and safety of students and staff as well as the school budget, and we are proud to join with the Green Bay Area Public School District to help foster a safe and healthy school year, beginning with a hygienic washroom environment,” says Scott Light, President, Georgia-Pacific Professional Washroom and Wiper Solutions and Communication Papers.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention