As part of the ongoing effort to support local communities and spread wellness, the Georgia-Pacific Professional business and company’s Green Bay, WI operations donated nearly $200,000 of hand soap and dispensers to the Green Bay Area Public School District (GBAPSD).
Georgia-Pacific’s Green Bay operation is a key manufacturing site for Georgia-Pacific Professional tissue, towel, and napkin products, with the company operating mills in the area for more than a century.
“We know that hand washing can prevent the spread of illness,” says Dr. Michelle S. Langenfeld, GBAPSD superintendent. “As we enter the cold and flu season, we anticipate that the Georgia-Pacific Professional products, teamed with education on the importance of hand washing, will positively impact not only the health of our students but potentially their academic achievement as well.”
The 4,182 cases of the company’s Pacific Garden® general purpose gentle foam soap and 1,440 Pacific Garden® dispensers will provide an estimated two year supply to the state’s fifth largest school district, serving more than 20,000 students.
“Reducing absenteeism is vital to the health and safety of students and staff as well as the school budget, and we are proud to join with the Green Bay Area Public School District to help foster a safe and healthy school year, beginning with a hygienic washroom environment,” says Scott Light, President, Georgia-Pacific Professional Washroom and Wiper Solutions and Communication Papers.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management