As part of the ongoing effort to support local communities and spread wellness, the Georgia-Pacific Professional business and company’s Green Bay, WI operations donated nearly $200,000 of hand soap and dispensers to the Green Bay Area Public School District (GBAPSD).
Georgia-Pacific’s Green Bay operation is a key manufacturing site for Georgia-Pacific Professional tissue, towel, and napkin products, with the company operating mills in the area for more than a century.
“We know that hand washing can prevent the spread of illness,” says Dr. Michelle S. Langenfeld, GBAPSD superintendent. “As we enter the cold and flu season, we anticipate that the Georgia-Pacific Professional products, teamed with education on the importance of hand washing, will positively impact not only the health of our students but potentially their academic achievement as well.”
The 4,182 cases of the company’s Pacific Garden® general purpose gentle foam soap and 1,440 Pacific Garden® dispensers will provide an estimated two year supply to the state’s fifth largest school district, serving more than 20,000 students.
“Reducing absenteeism is vital to the health and safety of students and staff as well as the school budget, and we are proud to join with the Green Bay Area Public School District to help foster a safe and healthy school year, beginning with a hygienic washroom environment,” says Scott Light, President, Georgia-Pacific Professional Washroom and Wiper Solutions and Communication Papers.
You might like:
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- Trends: Lighting Takes Center Stage
- Friday Funny: The Verdict’s In On Pets At Work
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Physical Security Planning
- Question Of The Week: Design Leads To Tricky Facility Repair?
- JLL Creates Workplace Of The Future At Revamped HQ
- The HVAC Factor: New Life For An Aging Chiller Plant
- Why Governance Is Critical To Successful Outsourcing
- Friday Funny: Take Me (And Your Wallet) Out To The Ballgame
- Friday Funny: Building Face Draws Curb Appeal?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Clean Energy Finance Tool Awarded At Bloomberg Event