Jeffrey J. Tafel, CAE, has been named the new executive director of the IFMA Foundation, a Houston, TX-based nonprofit organization promoting education and research in the facility management profession. In his new role, Tafel will manage all aspects of the IFMA Foundation’s daily operations, working directly with the foundation’s board of trustees to design and execute fundraising, marketing and program plans. He will oversee the development of the foundation’s annual Balanced Scorecard, a strategic performance management tool; manage foundation research projects; oversee the foundation’s grant programs; and in coordination with the director of academic affairs, implement the annual foundation scholarship program.
“With Jeff’s experience, he will bring to the table a high level of energy and focus for the IFMA Foundation,” said Tony Keane, CAE, president and CEO of IFMA. “I look forward to working with him to grow the foundation’s programs.”
Tafel has worked for the International Facility Management Association since 2003, having served as director of membership and councils, associate director of member resources, and director of allied services. Prior to joining IFMA, he served the National Association of Credit Management of South Texas as administrator and credit interchange services manager, The Radio Stations of Southwest Michigan as non-traditional revenue development manager and account executive, KQUE/KNUZ Radio in Houston as market research director and account executive, and WMPL Radio in Hancock, MI, as assistant general manager and operations manager.
“It is a great honor to be named executive director of the IFMA Foundation, and I look forward to working with the board of trustees to maximize the impact of the foundation’s financial and volunteer resources,” said Tafel. “We plan to build on the record US$100,000 in scholarships the foundation awarded to facility management students last year; partner with IFMA on an upcoming research symposium to address the future of the workplace; and in time, double the number of Accredited Degree Program schools recognized by the foundation. More than ever before, the IFMA Foundation is poised to achieve great things and offer new levels of service and support to the facility management profession.”
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management