Jeffrey J. Tafel, CAE, has been named the new executive director of the IFMA Foundation, a Houston, TX-based nonprofit organization promoting education and research in the facility management profession. In his new role, Tafel will manage all aspects of the IFMA Foundation’s daily operations, working directly with the foundation’s board of trustees to design and execute fundraising, marketing and program plans. He will oversee the development of the foundation’s annual Balanced Scorecard, a strategic performance management tool; manage foundation research projects; oversee the foundation’s grant programs; and in coordination with the director of academic affairs, implement the annual foundation scholarship program.
“With Jeff’s experience, he will bring to the table a high level of energy and focus for the IFMA Foundation,” said Tony Keane, CAE, president and CEO of IFMA. “I look forward to working with him to grow the foundation’s programs.”
Tafel has worked for the International Facility Management Association since 2003, having served as director of membership and councils, associate director of member resources, and director of allied services. Prior to joining IFMA, he served the National Association of Credit Management of South Texas as administrator and credit interchange services manager, The Radio Stations of Southwest Michigan as non-traditional revenue development manager and account executive, KQUE/KNUZ Radio in Houston as market research director and account executive, and WMPL Radio in Hancock, MI, as assistant general manager and operations manager.
“It is a great honor to be named executive director of the IFMA Foundation, and I look forward to working with the board of trustees to maximize the impact of the foundation’s financial and volunteer resources,” said Tafel. “We plan to build on the record US$100,000 in scholarships the foundation awarded to facility management students last year; partner with IFMA on an upcoming research symposium to address the future of the workplace; and in time, double the number of Accredited Degree Program schools recognized by the foundation. More than ever before, the IFMA Foundation is poised to achieve great things and offer new levels of service and support to the facility management profession.”
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- York Chiller Mobile App