Jeffrey J. Tafel, CAE, has been named the new executive director of the IFMA Foundation, a Houston, TX-based nonprofit organization promoting education and research in the facility management profession. In his new role, Tafel will manage all aspects of the IFMA Foundation’s daily operations, working directly with the foundation’s board of trustees to design and execute fundraising, marketing and program plans. He will oversee the development of the foundation’s annual Balanced Scorecard, a strategic performance management tool; manage foundation research projects; oversee the foundation’s grant programs; and in coordination with the director of academic affairs, implement the annual foundation scholarship program.
“With Jeff’s experience, he will bring to the table a high level of energy and focus for the IFMA Foundation,” said Tony Keane, CAE, president and CEO of IFMA. “I look forward to working with him to grow the foundation’s programs.”
Tafel has worked for the International Facility Management Association since 2003, having served as director of membership and councils, associate director of member resources, and director of allied services. Prior to joining IFMA, he served the National Association of Credit Management of South Texas as administrator and credit interchange services manager, The Radio Stations of Southwest Michigan as non-traditional revenue development manager and account executive, KQUE/KNUZ Radio in Houston as market research director and account executive, and WMPL Radio in Hancock, MI, as assistant general manager and operations manager.
“It is a great honor to be named executive director of the IFMA Foundation, and I look forward to working with the board of trustees to maximize the impact of the foundation’s financial and volunteer resources,” said Tafel. “We plan to build on the record US$100,000 in scholarships the foundation awarded to facility management students last year; partner with IFMA on an upcoming research symposium to address the future of the workplace; and in time, double the number of Accredited Degree Program schools recognized by the foundation. More than ever before, the IFMA Foundation is poised to achieve great things and offer new levels of service and support to the facility management profession.”
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices