Tafel Named IFMA Foundation Executive Director
Jeffrey J. Tafel, CAE, has been named the new executive director of the IFMA Foundation, a Houston, TX-based nonprofit organization promoting education and research in the facility management profession. In his new role, Tafel will manage all aspects of the IFMA Foundation’s daily operations, working directly with the foundation’s board of trustees to design and execute fundraising, marketing and program plans. He will oversee the development of the foundation’s annual Balanced Scorecard, a strategic performance management tool; manage foundation research projects; oversee the foundation’s grant programs; and in coordination with the director of academic affairs, implement the annual foundation scholarship program.
“With Jeff’s experience, he will bring to the table a high level of energy and focus for the IFMA Foundation,” said Tony Keane, CAE, president and CEO of IFMA. “I look forward to working with him to grow the foundation’s programs.”
Tafel has worked for the International Facility Management Association since 2003, having served as director of membership and councils, associate director of member resources, and director of allied services. Prior to joining IFMA, he served the National Association of Credit Management of South Texas as administrator and credit interchange services manager, The Radio Stations of Southwest Michigan as non-traditional revenue development manager and account executive, KQUE/KNUZ Radio in Houston as market research director and account executive, and WMPL Radio in Hancock, MI, as assistant general manager and operations manager.
“It is a great honor to be named executive director of the IFMA Foundation, and I look forward to working with the board of trustees to maximize the impact of the foundation’s financial and volunteer resources,” said Tafel. “We plan to build on the record US$100,000 in scholarships the foundation awarded to facility management students last year; partner with IFMA on an upcoming research symposium to address the future of the workplace; and in time, double the number of Accredited Degree Program schools recognized by the foundation. More than ever before, the IFMA Foundation is poised to achieve great things and offer new levels of service and support to the facility management profession.”
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.