Some of your office mates may have decided to release their inner child and dress up for Halloween today. Sure there are pirates, political candidates, and ghosts as possibilities. However, how many of them decided on a workplace theme costume?
The following, courtesy of Careerbuilder.com, is a list of 10 office related stylings that may scare people more than any mask ever would.
1. A Day Off: Using black lettering, write Nov. 7, 2008 or Dec. 1, 2008 on an orange shirt. When people ask what you are, say, “A day off!”
2. Running Late: Show up to the office with messy hair and disheveled clothes with your pajamas showing underneath.
3. Vending Machine: Dress in black and fasten snacks to yourself with the cost of each item displayed. To be really evil, place an “out of order” sign on the real vending machine and charge your co-workers for your snacks. When they pay, make sure you throw their snacks on the ground as the vending machine does.
4. Office Gossip: Make up fun stories about your co-workers. Fasten the stories to yourself and put the name of your favorite grocery store tabloid on a hat. Hang around the watercooler and invite people to read the latest news.
5. Pink Slip: No one ever wants to be served the dreaded pink slip at work. Wear a pink slip over your work clothes and chase your co-workers.
6. Post-it Note: Wear all yellow. When people say “Trick or treat” at your cube, pass out real Post-it notes.
7. Red Tape: Buy red tape and tape it all over your clothes and cubicle. When people ask what you are, make them cut through some red tape to get the answer.
8. Leftover: Wrap yourself in aluminum foil and give yourself an aluminum swan hat. Place a sign on your chest that says, “Anything left after 4 PM Friday will be thrown away!”
9. Happy Hour: Wrap a tie around your head and carry around an empty (yes, empty) martini glass with you throughout the day. At 5 PM, scream, “Happy hour!”
10. Headhunter: Carry a mannequin or doll head around with you, holding it by the hair.
From the staff at TFM, have a happy and safe Halloween.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts