Inaugural Climate Leadership Awards
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Association of Climate Change Officers (ACCO), the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES) (formerly the Pew Center on Global Climate Change), and The Climate Registry (TCR) named the winners of the inaugural Climate Leadership Awards last month. The awards were presented February 29, 2012 at the inaugural Climate Leadership Conference in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
These awards recognize corporate, organizational, and individual leadership in addressing climate change and reducing carbon pollution. From setting and exceeding emissions reduction goals to reducing the emissions associated with shipping goods, these organizations are improving efficiency, identifying energy and cost saving opportunities, and reducing pollution.
Awards are given in five categories, and the 2012 winners are listed here:
Organizational Leadership: Recognizes organizations for exemplary leadership both in their internal response to climate change and through engagement of their peers, competitors, partners, and value chain
- San Diego Gas & Electric
Individual Leadership: Recognizes an individual for outstanding efforts in leading an organization’s response to climate change
- Gene Rodrigues, director of customer energy efficiency and solar at Southern California Edison
Supply Chain Leadership: Recognizes organizations for actively addressing emissions outside their operations
- Port of Los Angeles
Excellence in GHG Management (Goal Achievement): Recognizes organizations for aggressively managing and reducing their GHG emissions
- Campbell Soup Company
- Casella Waste Systems
- Conservation Services Group
- Cummins Inc.
- Fairchild Semiconductor
- Intel Corporation
- International Paper
- SC Johnson
Excellence in GHG Management (Goal Setting): Recognizes organizations for establishing aggressive GHG reduction goals
- Bentley Prince Street
- Campbell Soup Company
- Ford Motor Company
- Gap Inc.
- Ingersoll Rand
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question Of The Week: Annual Testing And Maintenance Of Backflow Preventer
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management