The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Association of Climate Change Officers (ACCO), the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES) (formerly the Pew Center on Global Climate Change), and The Climate Registry (TCR) named the winners of the inaugural Climate Leadership Awards last month. The awards were presented February 29, 2012 at the inaugural Climate Leadership Conference in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
These awards recognize corporate, organizational, and individual leadership in addressing climate change and reducing carbon pollution. From setting and exceeding emissions reduction goals to reducing the emissions associated with shipping goods, these organizations are improving efficiency, identifying energy and cost saving opportunities, and reducing pollution.
Awards are given in five categories, and the 2012 winners are listed here:
Organizational Leadership: Recognizes organizations for exemplary leadership both in their internal response to climate change and through engagement of their peers, competitors, partners, and value chain
- San Diego Gas & Electric
Individual Leadership: Recognizes an individual for outstanding efforts in leading an organization’s response to climate change
- Gene Rodrigues, director of customer energy efficiency and solar at Southern California Edison
Supply Chain Leadership: Recognizes organizations for actively addressing emissions outside their operations
- Port of Los Angeles
Excellence in GHG Management (Goal Achievement): Recognizes organizations for aggressively managing and reducing their GHG emissions
- Campbell Soup Company
- Casella Waste Systems
- Conservation Services Group
- Cummins Inc.
- Fairchild Semiconductor
- Intel Corporation
- International Paper
- SC Johnson
Excellence in GHG Management (Goal Setting): Recognizes organizations for establishing aggressive GHG reduction goals
- Bentley Prince Street
- Campbell Soup Company
- Ford Motor Company
- Gap Inc.
- Ingersoll Rand
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management