“Our new portable service provides simple steps toward achieving energy plant operational excellence,” said Timothy Angerame, utiliVisor’s director of business development. “Typical cost savings between 12% and 20% are achievable from adjustments to equipment that are identified during the IPT operation.”
With the IPT service, utiliVisor energy technicians install unobtrusive, portable BTU meters, electric meters, and a web server to gather five minute incremental interval data on chiller plant equipment. The data is collected in real time and analyzed by utiliVisor energy engineers to evaluate equipment performance and identify energy saving opportunities.
The IPT process allows facility managers to establish the true operating cost of chilled water generation. It identifies:
- excessive kW usage at part load conditions,
- improper water flows that might cause heat transfer problems,
- inefficient compressor control, and
- chiller inefficiencies verses the manufacturer’s design specifications.
The service provides the basis for implementing optimal chiller sequencing and creates baseline operating efficiency for future chiller plant upgrades.
utiliVisor (formerly known as Utility Programs & Metering) offers comprehensive energy monitoring and submetering services. The utiliVisor system is a web-based, networked solution, built on open standards, that works in real time to collect and format data, monitor operations and equipment errors, and deliver oversight via web-based alerts and alarms.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management