“Our new portable service provides simple steps toward achieving energy plant operational excellence,” said Timothy Angerame, utiliVisor’s director of business development. “Typical cost savings between 12% and 20% are achievable from adjustments to equipment that are identified during the IPT operation.”
With the IPT service, utiliVisor energy technicians install unobtrusive, portable BTU meters, electric meters, and a web server to gather five minute incremental interval data on chiller plant equipment. The data is collected in real time and analyzed by utiliVisor energy engineers to evaluate equipment performance and identify energy saving opportunities.
The IPT process allows facility managers to establish the true operating cost of chilled water generation. It identifies:
- excessive kW usage at part load conditions,
- improper water flows that might cause heat transfer problems,
- inefficient compressor control, and
- chiller inefficiencies verses the manufacturer’s design specifications.
The service provides the basis for implementing optimal chiller sequencing and creates baseline operating efficiency for future chiller plant upgrades.
utiliVisor (formerly known as Utility Programs & Metering) offers comprehensive energy monitoring and submetering services. The utiliVisor system is a web-based, networked solution, built on open standards, that works in real time to collect and format data, monitor operations and equipment errors, and deliver oversight via web-based alerts and alarms.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation