Georgia-Pacific Professional, a manufacturer of shop towels, industrial wipers, and other away-from-home products, is hosting the second annual Brawny Industrial® Brand Great American Worker contest to honor the champions of America’s workforce.
The prize is a Ford F-150 truck, and Georgia-Pacific Professional is seeking individuals who combine a history of workplace safety and high work productivity with a commitment to community involvement for the chance to win.
“As part of our commitment to excellence, we are excited to give workers across the country an opportunity to be recognized for their achievements both in their workplace and in their community,” said Bill Tracey, Georgia-Pacific Professional vice president, wiper category. “Georgia-Pacific Professional is proud to support the tireless workers who go above and beyond their duties every day. We look forward to another year of celebrating America’s unsung heroes.”
For this year, new elements have been added to the contest. Potential Great American Workers have the opportunity to nominate themselves and ask their supporters and communities to vote for them. Nominations will be accepted until July 8, 2012, and these can be submitted by visiting this website (rules and regulations are there as well). Those who wish to nominate themselves are required to compose a short essay describing how they demonstrate the qualities and characteristics of a Great American Worker.
After the submission period has ended, 10 finalists will be selected, and the public will vote for the 2012 Great American Worker. During the public voting period, submissions will be entered into a sweepstakes. One lucky voter will win a tablet computer (approximate retail value equals $199) and 25 second place winners will receive $50 worth of Georgia-Pacific products.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention