One Great American Worker To Win Ford F-150 Truck
Georgia-Pacific Professional, a manufacturer of shop towels, industrial wipers, and other away-from-home products, is hosting the second annual Brawny Industrial® Brand Great American Worker contest to honor the champions of America’s workforce.
The prize is a Ford F-150 truck, and Georgia-Pacific Professional is seeking individuals who combine a history of workplace safety and high work productivity with a commitment to community involvement for the chance to win.
“As part of our commitment to excellence, we are excited to give workers across the country an opportunity to be recognized for their achievements both in their workplace and in their community,” said Bill Tracey, Georgia-Pacific Professional vice president, wiper category. “Georgia-Pacific Professional is proud to support the tireless workers who go above and beyond their duties every day. We look forward to another year of celebrating America’s unsung heroes.”
For this year, new elements have been added to the contest. Potential Great American Workers have the opportunity to nominate themselves and ask their supporters and communities to vote for them. Nominations will be accepted until July 8, 2012, and these can be submitted by visiting this website (rules and regulations are there as well). Those who wish to nominate themselves are required to compose a short essay describing how they demonstrate the qualities and characteristics of a Great American Worker.
After the submission period has ended, 10 finalists will be selected, and the public will vote for the 2012 Great American Worker. During the public voting period, submissions will be entered into a sweepstakes. One lucky voter will win a tablet computer (approximate retail value equals $199) and 25 second place winners will receive $50 worth of Georgia-Pacific products.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.