Product Recall: Lenovo ThinkCentre M70z, M90z Desktop Computers
On Thursday, March 8, 2012, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with Lenovo of Morrisville, NC, announced a voluntary recall of the Lenovo ThinkCentre M70z and M90z desktop computers. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
The recalled all-in-one desktop computers are flat-panel monitors with the PC integrated into the monitor housing itself. The power supplies are also inside the monitor or PC housing.
The computer chassis has a matte black finish with the brand name “ThinkCentre” in the lower left hand corner of the monitor front. The recalled desktop model numbers are M90z and M70z, but only certain of the M70z and M90z computers built in this time frame are affected. Consumers will need to check the serial number and manufacturing date code (which can be found on a label on the underside of the unit on their computer) to determine if it is subject to this recall.
About 50,500 units could be affected by a defect in an internal component in the power supply, which could overheat and pose a fire hazard. Lenovo has received reports of one fire incident and one smoke incident in the U.S. No injuries have been reported.
The units were sold online at Lenovo’s websites, by telephone, and direct sales through Lenovo authorized distributors nationwide from May 2010 through January 2012 for about $500 for the M70z model and $800 for the M90z model.
Consumers should immediately unplug the power supply and contact the firm to determine if the unit is included in the recall and to schedule an appointment for a free replacement of the power supply.
For additional information, contact Lenovo toll-free at (855) 248-2194.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices