On Thursday, March 8, 2012, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with Lenovo of Morrisville, NC, announced a voluntary recall of the Lenovo ThinkCentre M70z and M90z desktop computers. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
The recalled all-in-one desktop computers are flat-panel monitors with the PC integrated into the monitor housing itself. The power supplies are also inside the monitor or PC housing.
The computer chassis has a matte black finish with the brand name “ThinkCentre” in the lower left hand corner of the monitor front. The recalled desktop model numbers are M90z and M70z, but only certain of the M70z and M90z computers built in this time frame are affected. Consumers will need to check the serial number and manufacturing date code (which can be found on a label on the underside of the unit on their computer) to determine if it is subject to this recall.
About 50,500 units could be affected by a defect in an internal component in the power supply, which could overheat and pose a fire hazard. Lenovo has received reports of one fire incident and one smoke incident in the U.S. No injuries have been reported.
The units were sold online at Lenovo’s websites, by telephone, and direct sales through Lenovo authorized distributors nationwide from May 2010 through January 2012 for about $500 for the M70z model and $800 for the M90z model.
Consumers should immediately unplug the power supply and contact the firm to determine if the unit is included in the recall and to schedule an appointment for a free replacement of the power supply.
For additional information, contact Lenovo toll-free at (855) 248-2194.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention