Today’s Facility Manager: April 2012
FM Frequency: Machines Don’t Clean Buildings… People Do | Keeping in mind the demands on cleaning staff enhances a facility manager’s ability to oversee this service.
Professional Development: Is It Time For The Wrecking Ball? | Determining whether or not to continue investing in a facility is easier with accurate and current data.
The HVAC Factor: Reducing Water Consumption | Changes to cooling tower operations and maintenance help conserve this resource.
Services & Maintenance: Getting The Message Across | Defining objectives is key to developing effective mass facility warning and notification strategies.
FM Issue: Lighting Boost | With technology improvements, there is continued opportunity for facility managers to upgrade their systems to reduce energy consumption and costs.
Green Design Trends: Raising The Bar | The recently accepted International Green Construction Code (IgCC) sets new standards for building energy efficiency.
Retail Case Study: Purchase Power | In Dedham, MA, energy improvements keep a Stop & Shop supermarket up to date with a company wide store prototype.
To subscribe to TFM, visit this link.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation
Topic Tags: TFM-April-2012