Building Official To Receive Leadership Award
The 2012 Ronald H. Brown Standards Leadership Award, bestowed by the World Standards Day U.S. Planning Committee, will be given to Ronald Lynn, director and building official for the Clark County (NV) Department of Development Services.
The award, which honors a late U.S. Secretary of Commerce, recognizes those who dedicate themselves to the promotion of standardization as a key tool in the elimination of global trade barriers. In his role at Clark County Lynn uses codes and standards to ensure the public safety of the county’s residents and millions of people who visit Las Vegas each year.
Lynn was nominated for the award by the International Code Council (ICC). Code Council CEO Richard P. Weiland, said, “I am thrilled that the Code Council’s nomination of Ron Lynn to receive this award was unanimously approved by the distinguished members of the U.S. World Standards Day Planning Committee. Ron is well known as a leader in the construction codes and standards community and he is a very deserving recipient of the Ronald H. Brown Standards Leadership Award.”
Lynn is a Past President of the ICC Board of Directors and Chair of the McCarran Airport Hazards Area Board of Adjustment, Nevada Earthquake Safety Council, Nevada Organization of Building Officials, and the Western States Earthquake Safety Council’s Architecture, Engineering and Construction Committee. He was recognized by the U.S. Congress for contributions to the building safety community and received a U.S. Senate Commendation for his commitment to building safety, energy conservation, and emergency response.
The award will be presented to Lynn during World Standards Day (October 11, 2012), an event administered by ICC. The theme for this year’s event is “Standards Increase Efficiency” and recognizes the role of standards, codes, and conformance activities in driving more efficient processes, services, systems, and built environments.
World Standards Day was launched in 1970, and U.S. activities are organized by a planning committee with representatives from across the standards and conformity assessment community. The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) co-chair the event each year.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ