FacilityBlog has featured all kinds of unusual furniture items over the years. Some are nothing more than novelties designed as conversation pieces, while others actually serve a purpose. Well here’s something that does both: it’s a coffee table AND a working Nintendo controller! Just what every facility manager needs…
On offer FOR FREE by way of DudeIWantThat, this one of a kind, fully functional coffee table is being given to one lucky visitor to the company’s website. The raffle ends April 27, 2012, and participants can enter as many times as they’d like.
A full description of this item comes by way of Etsy:
Made from maple, mahogany and walnut with dovetail joinery and mid century modern legs, this table fully functions as a Nintendo NES controller and can be used to play games with the glass removed. The cord is retractable from underneath.
Dimensions: 42″ length x 18.25″ width x 18″ height
Shipping available for additional fee, but local pick up is preferred.
Four versions of the table are available to better suit various preferences and budgets. The main differences are composite materials vs premium hardwoods and functional vs nonfunctional. The composite materials version are painted to look exactly like the original controller. An inverted color scheme version is currently being designed. USB capability also available.
Custom made by The Boho Workbench, Nintendo coffee tables take four to six weeks to produce. The company specializes in unusual items that are designed to stretch the limits of imagination. The thought process behind this particular item is better described here:
Charles Lushear has entwined old school entertainment, old world class, and a better understanding of electricity than we’ve ever had to cultivate this masterpiece of maple, mahogany, and walnut craftsmanship. When plugged into the classic NES table admirers are now so glad they kept, all of the supersized controller’s buttons become as operational as their traditional plastic counterparts. The table is also fitted with a removable glass top and retractable cord to enable dual use as an actual piece of furniture when gaming fingers are tired, or you’re just more in the mood to ogle its rich woods, precise carpentry, and presence in your living room instead of the jackhole next door’s.
Who’s ready to stop playing Giant Land in Super Mario Brothers 3 and start living it?
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?