FRIDAY FUNNY: More Subtle Than Lighting A Match?
While cleanliness may be next to godliness, what is smelliness next to? For facilities managers tirelessly fighting the never ending restroom complaint battle (and who isn’t?), there is a new weapon in development that’s designed to address the issue of relentless restroom odor. It’s THE SNIFFER!
Invented by Pilar P. Mottu, Jr., The Sniffer is a vacuum exhaust system and diffuser secured between the rim and seat of a toilet bowl. It provides an easy way to keep bathrooms free of unpleasant odors and reduce unsanitary matter from toilets.
The Sniffer is comprised of sealed gasket plate set between the rim and seat of the toilet. This component is a suction for odor (and the odor diffuser) and waste matter particles. The odor and matter are taken into the unit and through a connection hose that leads into a vacuum pumping mechanism located on the exterior side of the bowl.
Supported by an egress flange, the system also has a low voltage exhaust motor, fan, and venting mechanism to direct odors away from the source. In addition to removing odors, The Sniffer also suctions away and helps reduce many of the microscopic germs and bacteria that can infiltrate the bathroom each time the toilet is flushed. Simple to install and reasonably priced, The Sniffer is suitable for business establishments, restaurants, travel plazas, and other locations.
Mottu invented The Sniffer based on the idea that it would, “effectively eliminate unpleasant odors before one enters a bathroom; The Sniffer ensures a much more inviting environment. Additionally, this product offers an alternative to costly air fresheners which only mask odors. Another advantage is that surfaces wouldn’t have to be scrubbed down every time the toilet is used.”
Development of this product is being handled by Invention Resource International. It is not yet available to the general public and is still in the design phase.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- FM Alert: Is Your Facility Ready For Winter Weather?
- Did You Miss The “What You Haven’t Heard About LED Upgrades – But Should!” Webinar?
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management