The Healthy Facilities Institute (HFI)—in collaboration with the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) and Kaivac—has launched a Slip and Fall Prevention Survey. The organizations created the survey specifically for members of the jansan industry, but it is relevant to facilities management professionals as well.
The survey questions appear below. To see how well you did on the quiz, check FacilityBlog tomorrow for results.
1. True or False – The current term to denote a safe walking surface is “slip-resistant.”
2. True or False – Lawsuits are often easier to defend when facilities have well-documented floor safety programs including the use of NFSI “High-Traction” certified products.
3. True or False – There is only one device currently approved by the NFSI to measure wet Static Coefficient of Friction (SCOF) and Dynamic Coefficient of Friction (DCOF).
4. True or False – Products must pass Phase One and Phase Two testing by NFSI under the ANSI/NFSI B101.1-2009 standard to qualify for NFSI Certification.
5. True or False – NFSI introduced its product certification system to fund its worldwide growth and enrich its founders.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation