Toshiba International Corporation recently introduced new PAR38 and MR16 lamps to its LED lighting line. The PAR38 and MR16 lamps offer higher lumen output while still providing energy savings when compared to similar lumen halogen bulbs.
Toshiba’s new PAR38 1100 Series is a direct replacement for 90 to 110W halogen lamps, offers outputs of up to 1170 lumens, and uses up to 75% less energy than halogens. Meanwhile, the new MR16 450 Series is a direct replacement for 35W halogen lamps, offers lumen outputs of up to 475 lumens, and uses up to 80% less energy than halogens.
Both models are dimmable, contain no mercury or lead, and last up to 20 times longer than halogens. Based on an average use of three hours a day, Toshiba’s MR16 is rated to last 22.8 years, and the PAR38 is rated to last 36.5 years. The lamps are also designed to fit most gimbal rings, so they can be used in existing fixtures.
The lamps in both series are geared for providing bright light in entryways, stairways, lobbies, and reception areas. Because of higher lumen outputs, these can be set higher in a room without sacrificing light quality, or they can be placed farther away from the wall for track lighting.
The PAR38 1100 Series is available in 2700K, 3000K, 3500K, and 4000K. The MR16 450 Series comes in 2700K, 3000K, and 4000K color temperatures. Both are also available with beam angles of 25° or 35°.
Currently, 100% of Toshiba’s current lighting product offering and lighting product development in the U.S. is based on LED technology. To demonstrate its commitment to LED technology as a superior choice for lighting, Toshiba, headquartered in Japan, abandoned production of incandescent light bulbs in March 2010.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management