PPG Pittsburgh Paints has released its first mobile application (app), The Voice of Color®, which gives facility professionals, designers, and architects an intuitive color resource.
The free mobile app showcases PPG’s entire Voice of Color collection, and it is the first to allow users to order 8”x12” sample color sheets directly from the app.
The Voice of Color app ties directly into PPG Pittsburgh Paints’ The Voice of Color program, an integrated, comprehensive design system that offers tools and materials for choosing color for building surfaces.
Adding to the program’s existing set of digital tools, the app gives users three ways to view, and subsequently order, the more than 2,000 colors offered by The Voice of Color, including:
- Grab Color From Photo: Using the device’s camera, users can take/upload a photo of any object, space, fabric, or tile that inspires them, and have it automatically matched with the closest shade from The Voice of Color collection. The tool also offers suggestions for similar and complementary shades based on the selection, so additional colors can be ordered and viewed together on the walls of a space.
- View Our Color Collections: Users can browse and order from The Voice of Color’s exclusive color collections, including Harmony, Historic, and Atmospheric.
- Use Our Color Selector: View the entire Voice of Color collection, organized by primary color family. If users know the particular color name or number, they can search right there.
The PPG color app can be useful for facility managers who need to identify a paint color close to what’s currently on their walls for a repaint job, or from the flooring to coordinate one of the colors for the paint.
To order 8”x12” color sheets, users can click on any color they desire from the app, see the hue as a full screen image, then add it to their “shopping cart.” Users enter their shipping information once and can quickly proceed to the checkout for subsequent orders. The 8”x12” cards are delivered within a few days. Also, with the app’s “Find a Dealer” functionality, users can find a location nearest to them to purchase paint.
PPG Pittsburgh Paints’ The Voice of Color app can be downloaded for free directly from the iPhone or iPad App Store, or the Android Market.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs