NEW SERVICE SPOTLIGHT: The Voice of Color from PPG Pittsburgh Paints
PPG Pittsburgh Paints has released its first mobile application (app), The Voice of Color®, which gives facility professionals, designers, and architects an intuitive color resource.
The free mobile app showcases PPG’s entire Voice of Color collection, and it is the first to allow users to order 8”x12” sample color sheets directly from the app.
The Voice of Color app ties directly into PPG Pittsburgh Paints’ The Voice of Color program, an integrated, comprehensive design system that offers tools and materials for choosing color for building surfaces.
Adding to the program’s existing set of digital tools, the app gives users three ways to view, and subsequently order, the more than 2,000 colors offered by The Voice of Color, including:
- Grab Color From Photo: Using the device’s camera, users can take/upload a photo of any object, space, fabric, or tile that inspires them, and have it automatically matched with the closest shade from The Voice of Color collection. The tool also offers suggestions for similar and complementary shades based on the selection, so additional colors can be ordered and viewed together on the walls of a space.
- View Our Color Collections: Users can browse and order from The Voice of Color’s exclusive color collections, including Harmony, Historic, and Atmospheric.
- Use Our Color Selector: View the entire Voice of Color collection, organized by primary color family. If users know the particular color name or number, they can search right there.
The PPG color app can be useful for facility managers who need to identify a paint color close to what’s currently on their walls for a repaint job, or from the flooring to coordinate one of the colors for the paint.
To order 8”x12” color sheets, users can click on any color they desire from the app, see the hue as a full screen image, then add it to their “shopping cart.” Users enter their shipping information once and can quickly proceed to the checkout for subsequent orders. The 8”x12” cards are delivered within a few days. Also, with the app’s “Find a Dealer” functionality, users can find a location nearest to them to purchase paint.
PPG Pittsburgh Paints’ The Voice of Color app can be downloaded for free directly from the iPhone or iPad App Store, or the Android Market.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ