This Question of the Week comes from the IFMA Group on Linkedin.
Q. How do you track employee locations and headcount in a large facility without a employees attached to data or voice connections? We need to get to the next level of tracking and we will need to employ a variety of systems to get actual utilization of space, which we do now at some level.
The question is really related to how to track the quantity of employees in each building and on each floor in an environment of partial hot desking, and where cell phones, VPN phones, and wireless technology are prevalent.
Eve Stevenson, IFMA
Facilities Planning Manager
Share your feedback and suggestions in the LEAVE A COMMENT section below.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
Topic Tags: hot desking