This Question of the Week comes from the IFMA Group on Linkedin.
Q. How do you track employee locations and headcount in a large facility without a employees attached to data or voice connections? We need to get to the next level of tracking and we will need to employ a variety of systems to get actual utilization of space, which we do now at some level.
The question is really related to how to track the quantity of employees in each building and on each floor in an environment of partial hot desking, and where cell phones, VPN phones, and wireless technology are prevalent.
Eve Stevenson, IFMA
Facilities Planning Manager
Share your feedback and suggestions in the LEAVE A COMMENT section below.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
Topic Tags: hot desking