This Question of the Week comes from the IFMA Group on Linkedin.
Q. How do you track employee locations and headcount in a large facility without a employees attached to data or voice connections? We need to get to the next level of tracking and we will need to employ a variety of systems to get actual utilization of space, which we do now at some level.
The question is really related to how to track the quantity of employees in each building and on each floor in an environment of partial hot desking, and where cell phones, VPN phones, and wireless technology are prevalent.
Eve Stevenson, IFMA
Facilities Planning Manager
Share your feedback and suggestions in the LEAVE A COMMENT section below.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
Topic Tags: hot desking