Last year, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) approved the new edition of ANSI/BIFMA X5.1 General-Purpose Office Chairs – Tests standard. Copies of the new edition are available from BIFMA immediately.
As an ANSI accredited standards developer, BIFMA creates voluntary product and industry standards that support safe, healthy, and sustainable work environments. The BIFMA Chair Subcommittee worked diligently to revise this new edition of ANSI/BIFMA X5.1 with improvements in test consistency, modifications to test loads, and one new test for footrests.
For further information about the changes and improvements to BIFMA’s General-Purpose Office Chairs – Tests, contact BIFMA’s Dave Panning. To order copies of the new standard, send an e-mail to BIFMA’s Mike Reagan.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts