Last year, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) approved the new edition of ANSI/BIFMA X5.1 General-Purpose Office Chairs – Tests standard. Copies of the new edition are available from BIFMA immediately.
As an ANSI accredited standards developer, BIFMA creates voluntary product and industry standards that support safe, healthy, and sustainable work environments. The BIFMA Chair Subcommittee worked diligently to revise this new edition of ANSI/BIFMA X5.1 with improvements in test consistency, modifications to test loads, and one new test for footrests.
For further information about the changes and improvements to BIFMA’s General-Purpose Office Chairs – Tests, contact BIFMA’s Dave Panning. To order copies of the new standard, send an e-mail to BIFMA’s Mike Reagan.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation