Last year, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) approved the new edition of ANSI/BIFMA X5.1 General-Purpose Office Chairs – Tests standard. Copies of the new edition are available from BIFMA immediately.
As an ANSI accredited standards developer, BIFMA creates voluntary product and industry standards that support safe, healthy, and sustainable work environments. The BIFMA Chair Subcommittee worked diligently to revise this new edition of ANSI/BIFMA X5.1 with improvements in test consistency, modifications to test loads, and one new test for footrests.
For further information about the changes and improvements to BIFMA’s General-Purpose Office Chairs – Tests, contact BIFMA’s Dave Panning. To order copies of the new standard, send an e-mail to BIFMA’s Mike Reagan.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention