Last year, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) approved the new edition of ANSI/BIFMA X5.1 General-Purpose Office Chairs – Tests standard. Copies of the new edition are available from BIFMA immediately.
As an ANSI accredited standards developer, BIFMA creates voluntary product and industry standards that support safe, healthy, and sustainable work environments. The BIFMA Chair Subcommittee worked diligently to revise this new edition of ANSI/BIFMA X5.1 with improvements in test consistency, modifications to test loads, and one new test for footrests.
For further information about the changes and improvements to BIFMA’s General-Purpose Office Chairs – Tests, contact BIFMA’s Dave Panning. To order copies of the new standard, send an e-mail to BIFMA’s Mike Reagan.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management