In late 2011, Mark Dreyfus, Cabinet Secretary and Parliamentary Secretary for Climate Change and Energy Efficiency announced Neil Wood, Senior Facilities Manager with Brisbane City Council as the the 2011 FMA Australia Facilities Manager of the Year. The award was the highlight of the 2011 FMA Australia Awards for Excellence, recognizing leadership in facilities management throughout Australia. During the ceremony, Parliamentary Secretary Dreyfus presented a message of support from the Prime Minister and highlighted the strong role that facilities managers have in improving energy efficiency.
“All those who work in managing buildings will continue to think more and more about energy efficiency, about the kinds of measures that can be taken to reduce energy use and, of course, save money as we go about it. I look forward to working with FMA Australia and the government looks forward to working with the facilities management industry on improved energy efficiency.”
The Facility Management Association of Australia (FMA Australia) is the peak industry body for facilities management, representing and supporting professionals and organizations responsible for the operational management of the buildings and precincts which form the majority of Australia’s built environment.
The organization’s Chief Executive Officer Nicholas Burt believes the high standard of all entries is reflective of a renewed vigor within the industry. Burt notes, “Quality and sustainability now outweigh price when considering the value of a facilities management offering. Facilities management is set for strong growth in coming years, with the award winners of all categories contributing to new benchmarks for performance and professionalism.”
Additional award categories and winners include:
- Programmed Facility Management – Asset-Trak Delivery and Innovation
2011 FMA Australia & Dyson Airblade Industry Innovation Excellence Award
- CBRE – DEXUS Portfolio
2011 FMA Australia Initiative in Customer Service Excellence Award
- Insurance Australia Group Ltd – Direct Insurance Facilities Management
2011 FMA Australia & Jones Lang LaSalle Impact on Organization & Workplace Excellence Award
- Jones Lang LaSalle – Telstra Account Team
2011 FMA Australia & Atlantis Service Provider Excellence in Facilities Management Award
- Brookfield Multiplex Services – State Government of Victoria Team
2011 FMA Australia & Programmed Facility Management State and Federal Government Excellence in Facilities Management Award
- Brookfield Multiplex Services – HMAS Waterhen
2011 FMA Australia & GJK Facility Services Sustainability & Environmental Impact Excellence Award
- Nathaniel Galindo, Manager – Environmental Program Delivery, UGL Services Beyond Green
2011 FMA Australia & UGL Services Young Achiever of the Year Award
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention