Falcon Electric, Inc., a manufacturer of online uninterruptible power supply (UPS), frequency converters and precision ac regulators, now offers the option to add a ruggedized wide temperature (-30°C to 63°C) extended runtime battery bank for its SSG and SSG-RP UPS products.
The wide temperature rated batteries provide long backup runtimes for protecting connected computers and instrumentation operating in harsh environments during a prolonged power outage. The new battery pack gives users more than 10 times the battery runtime, compared to Falcon’s standard 2U extended battery pack option.
The new battery bank carries a UL listing when powering Falcon’s UL-listed SSG2.5KRP-1. UL is pending for the remaining models in the SSG and SSG-RP Series wide temperature rated UPS product line.
The SSGB-1S40-5U 40AH battery bank is a rugged battery option that consists of eight deep cycle, valve regulated lead acid, maintenance free 40 Amp Hour (AH) batteries and two internal one amp chargers. The batteries and chargers are housed in a rack mount enclosure which requires 5U (8.75″) of vertical rack space.
The battery banks may be interconnected or “daisy chained” to provide exceptionally long battery runtimes and can be added in the field after SSG units are installed and in service. In order to ensure a reasonable recharge time, Falcon offers an optional charger system housed in a separate 2U rack enclosure. Each 2U rackmount charger module can support up to two 4 AH chargers.
The 40 Amp hour batteries join other options for the industrial grade SSG UPSs including, an SNMP/HTTP agent board, frequency converter, and ICB conformal coating.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation