Falcon Electric, Inc., a manufacturer of online uninterruptible power supply (UPS), frequency converters and precision ac regulators, now offers the option to add a ruggedized wide temperature (-30°C to 63°C) extended runtime battery bank for its SSG and SSG-RP UPS products.
The wide temperature rated batteries provide long backup runtimes for protecting connected computers and instrumentation operating in harsh environments during a prolonged power outage. The new battery pack gives users more than 10 times the battery runtime, compared to Falcon’s standard 2U extended battery pack option.
The new battery bank carries a UL listing when powering Falcon’s UL-listed SSG2.5KRP-1. UL is pending for the remaining models in the SSG and SSG-RP Series wide temperature rated UPS product line.
The SSGB-1S40-5U 40AH battery bank is a rugged battery option that consists of eight deep cycle, valve regulated lead acid, maintenance free 40 Amp Hour (AH) batteries and two internal one amp chargers. The batteries and chargers are housed in a rack mount enclosure which requires 5U (8.75″) of vertical rack space.
The battery banks may be interconnected or “daisy chained” to provide exceptionally long battery runtimes and can be added in the field after SSG units are installed and in service. In order to ensure a reasonable recharge time, Falcon offers an optional charger system housed in a separate 2U rack enclosure. Each 2U rackmount charger module can support up to two 4 AH chargers.
The 40 Amp hour batteries join other options for the industrial grade SSG UPSs including, an SNMP/HTTP agent board, frequency converter, and ICB conformal coating.
You might like:
- Intelligent Restroom App from Kimberly-Clark Professional
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Demilec Closed Cell Spray System Insulates Farm-To-Fork Restaurant
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Friday Funny: Park Pissoir Prompts Lawsuit
- 3M™ Flow Control System
- Fastening Systems For Single Ply Roofing
- ISEA Seeking Input For Revision Of High-Visibility Worker Apparel Standard
- Handyclean™ Roll Wipes by Diamond Wipes
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Nova Scotia Community College Adopts SARA For Emergency Alerts
- NFPA Life Safety Certification For Health Care Facility Managers
- Friday Funny: The Cats Take The Rats
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action