Falcon Electric, Inc., a manufacturer of online uninterruptible power supply (UPS), frequency converters and precision ac regulators, now offers the option to add a ruggedized wide temperature (-30°C to 63°C) extended runtime battery bank for its SSG and SSG-RP UPS products.
The wide temperature rated batteries provide long backup runtimes for protecting connected computers and instrumentation operating in harsh environments during a prolonged power outage. The new battery pack gives users more than 10 times the battery runtime, compared to Falcon’s standard 2U extended battery pack option.
The new battery bank carries a UL listing when powering Falcon’s UL-listed SSG2.5KRP-1. UL is pending for the remaining models in the SSG and SSG-RP Series wide temperature rated UPS product line.
The SSGB-1S40-5U 40AH battery bank is a rugged battery option that consists of eight deep cycle, valve regulated lead acid, maintenance free 40 Amp Hour (AH) batteries and two internal one amp chargers. The batteries and chargers are housed in a rack mount enclosure which requires 5U (8.75″) of vertical rack space.
The battery banks may be interconnected or “daisy chained” to provide exceptionally long battery runtimes and can be added in the field after SSG units are installed and in service. In order to ensure a reasonable recharge time, Falcon offers an optional charger system housed in a separate 2U rack enclosure. Each 2U rackmount charger module can support up to two 4 AH chargers.
The 40 Amp hour batteries join other options for the industrial grade SSG UPSs including, an SNMP/HTTP agent board, frequency converter, and ICB conformal coating.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?