Falcon Electric, Inc., a manufacturer of online uninterruptible power supply (UPS), frequency converters and precision ac regulators, now offers the option to add a ruggedized wide temperature (-30°C to 63°C) extended runtime battery bank for its SSG and SSG-RP UPS products.
The wide temperature rated batteries provide long backup runtimes for protecting connected computers and instrumentation operating in harsh environments during a prolonged power outage. The new battery pack gives users more than 10 times the battery runtime, compared to Falcon’s standard 2U extended battery pack option.
The new battery bank carries a UL listing when powering Falcon’s UL-listed SSG2.5KRP-1. UL is pending for the remaining models in the SSG and SSG-RP Series wide temperature rated UPS product line.
The SSGB-1S40-5U 40AH battery bank is a rugged battery option that consists of eight deep cycle, valve regulated lead acid, maintenance free 40 Amp Hour (AH) batteries and two internal one amp chargers. The batteries and chargers are housed in a rack mount enclosure which requires 5U (8.75″) of vertical rack space.
The battery banks may be interconnected or “daisy chained” to provide exceptionally long battery runtimes and can be added in the field after SSG units are installed and in service. In order to ensure a reasonable recharge time, Falcon offers an optional charger system housed in a separate 2U rack enclosure. Each 2U rackmount charger module can support up to two 4 AH chargers.
The 40 Amp hour batteries join other options for the industrial grade SSG UPSs including, an SNMP/HTTP agent board, frequency converter, and ICB conformal coating.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management