Falcon Electric, Inc., a manufacturer of online uninterruptible power supply (UPS), frequency converters and precision ac regulators, now offers the option to add a ruggedized wide temperature (-30°C to 63°C) extended runtime battery bank for its SSG and SSG-RP UPS products.
The wide temperature rated batteries provide long backup runtimes for protecting connected computers and instrumentation operating in harsh environments during a prolonged power outage. The new battery pack gives users more than 10 times the battery runtime, compared to Falcon’s standard 2U extended battery pack option.
The new battery bank carries a UL listing when powering Falcon’s UL-listed SSG2.5KRP-1. UL is pending for the remaining models in the SSG and SSG-RP Series wide temperature rated UPS product line.
The SSGB-1S40-5U 40AH battery bank is a rugged battery option that consists of eight deep cycle, valve regulated lead acid, maintenance free 40 Amp Hour (AH) batteries and two internal one amp chargers. The batteries and chargers are housed in a rack mount enclosure which requires 5U (8.75″) of vertical rack space.
The battery banks may be interconnected or “daisy chained” to provide exceptionally long battery runtimes and can be added in the field after SSG units are installed and in service. In order to ensure a reasonable recharge time, Falcon offers an optional charger system housed in a separate 2U rack enclosure. Each 2U rackmount charger module can support up to two 4 AH chargers.
The 40 Amp hour batteries join other options for the industrial grade SSG UPSs including, an SNMP/HTTP agent board, frequency converter, and ICB conformal coating.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs