AEE Survey Gauges Energy Jobs Market
The Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) recently completed its 2012 Green Jobs report. Out of the 2,775 energy professionals surveyed, 69% stated there is currently a shortage of qualified energy management professionals. Meanwhile, 33% of those respondents plan to retire in the next 10 years, which could further exacerbate this shortage.
In short, the AEE concluded that energy management is a sector of the economy that is growing and seeking out qualified professionals amid an economy that is generally stagnant when it comes to employment opportunities. And, with the average salary of the professionals surveyed coming in at $98,527, the energy management profession can certainly be lucrative financially.
Of the professionals surveyed, 85% have a 4 year degree, and 42% have a graduate degree. Thirty six percent are registered Professional Engineers (P.E.s) or Architects.
Meanwhile, 80% are Certified in one or more of 21 categories, including Certified Energy Manager (CEM); Energy Manager in Training (EMIT); Certified Green Building Engineer (GBE); Business Energy Professional (BEP); Certified Lighting Efficiency Professional (CLEP); Certified Power Quality Professional (CPQ); Certified Indoor Air Quality Professional (CIAQP); Certified High Performance Building Professional (HBP); and Certified Building & Sustainability Technician (BEST).
To obtain a PDF of the report, which includes the survey results, click here.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.