Garland Employees Support St. Jude With Week Long Fundraiser
For the third year, The Garland Company, Inc., an employee owned manufacturer of solutions for commercial building envelopes, has dedicated this week (June 4-8) to raising money in support of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Events taking place at Garland’s headquarters in Cleveland, OH this week include various fundraising activities. The theme is “Catch The Wave,” and all proceeds will benefit St. Jude and its mission of finding cures for cancer and other deadly diseases impacting children.
“It’s amazing to see our entire office rally together in support of such a great cause. This is the third year we’ve held Spirit Week and it seems to be getting bigger and better each year,” said Dave Sokol, president of Garland Industries, Inc.
Since opening its doors 50 years ago, St. Jude has developed protocols that have helped push overall survival rates for childhood cancers from less than 20% in 1962 to 80% today. “The Garland Company has created such a fun event to engage its employees in the mission of St. Jude,” said Karen White, senior vice president of corporate alliances at ALSAC/St. Jude. “We are able to ensure that families never pay St. Jude for anything because of events like Spirit Week and the generous support of everyone who participates.”
The events at Garland begin today with a Boardwalk Theme Office Decorating Day and Potluck Lunch. Tomorrow, June 5, will feature Biggest Loser Reveal and Eating Contests.
The schedule for the rest of the week will be Minute-to-Win-It Games on Wednesday; a Chinese Auction on Thursday; and Garbage Can Races and a Silent Auction on Friday.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.