For the third year, The Garland Company, Inc., an employee owned manufacturer of solutions for commercial building envelopes, has dedicated this week (June 4-8) to raising money in support of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Events taking place at Garland’s headquarters in Cleveland, OH this week include various fundraising activities. The theme is “Catch The Wave,” and all proceeds will benefit St. Jude and its mission of finding cures for cancer and other deadly diseases impacting children.
“It’s amazing to see our entire office rally together in support of such a great cause. This is the third year we’ve held Spirit Week and it seems to be getting bigger and better each year,” said Dave Sokol, president of Garland Industries, Inc.
Since opening its doors 50 years ago, St. Jude has developed protocols that have helped push overall survival rates for childhood cancers from less than 20% in 1962 to 80% today. “The Garland Company has created such a fun event to engage its employees in the mission of St. Jude,” said Karen White, senior vice president of corporate alliances at ALSAC/St. Jude. “We are able to ensure that families never pay St. Jude for anything because of events like Spirit Week and the generous support of everyone who participates.”
The events at Garland begin today with a Boardwalk Theme Office Decorating Day and Potluck Lunch. Tomorrow, June 5, will feature Biggest Loser Reveal and Eating Contests.
The schedule for the rest of the week will be Minute-to-Win-It Games on Wednesday; a Chinese Auction on Thursday; and Garbage Can Races and a Silent Auction on Friday.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation