BOMA International has two new publications now available in the BOMA store. The brand new Emergency Preparedness Guidebook can help facility managers prepare for the hurricane season by developing plans for their buildings. And Industrial Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement is now updated and offered in an E–book format with expanded definitions, hyperlinks throughout, and searchable text.
BOMA International’s Emergency Preparedness Guidebook features the latest information on preparing for both natural and human-based emergency situations that could jeopardize the occupants, contents, and the physical structure of a property. The guidebook walks the user step–by–step through the four phases of emergency management: mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery. Several types of emergencies are covered: accidents such as fires, public health emergencies, and elevator outages; earth and weather events such as floods, earthquakes, and hurricanes; and criminal and terror acts such as terrorism and workplace violence. There is also an in–depth chapter on building an effective communications plan and checklists throughout to help users organize every step of their preparedness plan.
Industrial Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement (ANSI/BOMA Z65.2–2012) compliments BOMA’s Office Buildings measurement standard and is specifically designed to account for spaces in industrial buildings fairly. This publication, now in an E–book format, assists managers in allocating building expenses to various cost centers for comparing occupancy, benchmarking, and cost trending.
To order, visit the BOMA Store.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs