BOMA International has two new publications now available in the BOMA store. The brand new Emergency Preparedness Guidebook can help facility managers prepare for the hurricane season by developing plans for their buildings. And Industrial Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement is now updated and offered in an E–book format with expanded definitions, hyperlinks throughout, and searchable text.
BOMA International’s Emergency Preparedness Guidebook features the latest information on preparing for both natural and human-based emergency situations that could jeopardize the occupants, contents, and the physical structure of a property. The guidebook walks the user step–by–step through the four phases of emergency management: mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery. Several types of emergencies are covered: accidents such as fires, public health emergencies, and elevator outages; earth and weather events such as floods, earthquakes, and hurricanes; and criminal and terror acts such as terrorism and workplace violence. There is also an in–depth chapter on building an effective communications plan and checklists throughout to help users organize every step of their preparedness plan.
Industrial Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement (ANSI/BOMA Z65.2–2012) compliments BOMA’s Office Buildings measurement standard and is specifically designed to account for spaces in industrial buildings fairly. This publication, now in an E–book format, assists managers in allocating building expenses to various cost centers for comparing occupancy, benchmarking, and cost trending.
To order, visit the BOMA Store.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management