Professionals in facility management (FM) will meet in Singapore at the Raffles City Convention Centre next month for IFMA’s second annual World Workplace Asia Conference & Expo. The event is presented in partnership with the Building Construction Authority of Singapore and the Singapore Chapter of IFMA.
It has been projected that by 2020, 2.2 billion people will live in Asian cities, and attendees of World Workplace Asia 2012 will contribute to a dialogue on FM trends in Asia while taking advantage of international networking opportunities.
On July 25, Mike Moss, IFMA chief operating officer will lead a town hall discussion on IFMA’s strategic initiatives; he will be joined by Jon Seller, incoming first vice chair of the IFMA board of directors. This meeting will run concurrently with green site facility tours of some of Singapore’s innovative properties.
July 26 will mark the first full day of the conference, which will begin with a welcome address and panel discussion on Asia-Pacific FM featuring representatives from IFMA and the Building Construction Authority of Singapore (an agency of that government that champions development of an excellent built environment).
The expo hall will also open on July 26. Educational sessions will be held throughout the day on topics including: building information modeling (BIM) and FM; the future of corporate real estate; an overview of the office real estate market in the Asia-Pacific region; and the transition of companies in China from traditional property management to FM business.
The final day of the conference, July 27, will open with the keynote presentation “Upside Down World: Leadership in the Emerging Markets” by speaker Steven Sonsino, author, business school professor, and founder and CEO of the Tomorrow Leaders Institute.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management