Professionals in facility management (FM) will meet in Singapore at the Raffles City Convention Centre next month for IFMA’s second annual World Workplace Asia Conference & Expo. The event is presented in partnership with the Building Construction Authority of Singapore and the Singapore Chapter of IFMA.
It has been projected that by 2020, 2.2 billion people will live in Asian cities, and attendees of World Workplace Asia 2012 will contribute to a dialogue on FM trends in Asia while taking advantage of international networking opportunities.
On July 25, Mike Moss, IFMA chief operating officer will lead a town hall discussion on IFMA’s strategic initiatives; he will be joined by Jon Seller, incoming first vice chair of the IFMA board of directors. This meeting will run concurrently with green site facility tours of some of Singapore’s innovative properties.
July 26 will mark the first full day of the conference, which will begin with a welcome address and panel discussion on Asia-Pacific FM featuring representatives from IFMA and the Building Construction Authority of Singapore (an agency of that government that champions development of an excellent built environment).
The expo hall will also open on July 26. Educational sessions will be held throughout the day on topics including: building information modeling (BIM) and FM; the future of corporate real estate; an overview of the office real estate market in the Asia-Pacific region; and the transition of companies in China from traditional property management to FM business.
The final day of the conference, July 27, will open with the keynote presentation “Upside Down World: Leadership in the Emerging Markets” by speaker Steven Sonsino, author, business school professor, and founder and CEO of the Tomorrow Leaders Institute.
You might like:
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- Trends: Lighting Takes Center Stage
- Friday Funny: The Verdict’s In On Pets At Work
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Physical Security Planning
- Question Of The Week: Design Leads To Tricky Facility Repair?
- JLL Creates Workplace Of The Future At Revamped HQ
- The HVAC Factor: New Life For An Aging Chiller Plant
- Why Governance Is Critical To Successful Outsourcing
- Friday Funny: Take Me (And Your Wallet) Out To The Ballgame
- Friday Funny: Building Face Draws Curb Appeal?
- Clean Energy Finance Tool Awarded At Bloomberg Event
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms