The new Kwik-Trench mini-trencher from Little Beaver is designed for use in a multitude of projects — including landscape edging and root pruning, as well as installations of plumbing and drainage lines, low-voltage wiring, silt fences, and sprinkler systems.
Kwik-Trench is offered in two models, the KT200B and KT2400B, and both are able to trench up to 30′ per minute. Featuring carbide-tipped teeth and a powerful drive system, the mini-trencher is able to cut through tough surfaces such as compacted clay, road fill, asphalt, and tree roots up to 10″ thick.
Each of these push-forward models are used to create clean, narrow trenches. Featuring a triple V-belt drive system, the Kwik-Trench achieves rotation speed up to 800 rpm. Precise cutting depth is achieved with a manual crank, while each trencher’s locking swivel wheel guides the unit to ensure straight trenches. The Kwik-Trench is designed to minimize backfill and cleanup time by depositing soil beside the trench.
Weighing 265 pounds and powered by a 5.5 horsepower Honda engine, the KT 200B is capable of achieving depths up to 8″. The unit features four carbide-tipped teeth and produces trenches from 1″ to 3″ wide.
The KT 2400B has an 8 horsepower Honda engine and achieves depths up to 12″. Equipped with eight carbide-tipped cutting teeth, the mini-trencher produces trenches from 1″ to 4″ wide. This model weighs 430 pounds.
Both of the Kwik-Trench models feature a compact design to allow easier access into tight areas. Each model is mounted on semi-pneumatic tires, making them safe for use on delicate lawns and turfs.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades