The new Kwik-Trench mini-trencher from Little Beaver is designed for use in a multitude of projects — including landscape edging and root pruning, as well as installations of plumbing and drainage lines, low-voltage wiring, silt fences, and sprinkler systems.
Kwik-Trench is offered in two models, the KT200B and KT2400B, and both are able to trench up to 30′ per minute. Featuring carbide-tipped teeth and a powerful drive system, the mini-trencher is able to cut through tough surfaces such as compacted clay, road fill, asphalt, and tree roots up to 10″ thick.
Each of these push-forward models are used to create clean, narrow trenches. Featuring a triple V-belt drive system, the Kwik-Trench achieves rotation speed up to 800 rpm. Precise cutting depth is achieved with a manual crank, while each trencher’s locking swivel wheel guides the unit to ensure straight trenches. The Kwik-Trench is designed to minimize backfill and cleanup time by depositing soil beside the trench.
Weighing 265 pounds and powered by a 5.5 horsepower Honda engine, the KT 200B is capable of achieving depths up to 8″. The unit features four carbide-tipped teeth and produces trenches from 1″ to 3″ wide.
The KT 2400B has an 8 horsepower Honda engine and achieves depths up to 12″. Equipped with eight carbide-tipped cutting teeth, the mini-trencher produces trenches from 1″ to 4″ wide. This model weighs 430 pounds.
Both of the Kwik-Trench models feature a compact design to allow easier access into tight areas. Each model is mounted on semi-pneumatic tires, making them safe for use on delicate lawns and turfs.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention