NEW PRODUCT FLASH: Wi-Fi Enabled Kühl from Friedrich
The 2012 model of the Friedrich Kühl room air conditioner features optional Wi-Fi control, aimed at simplifying meeting cooling needs in a building. Facility managers can remotely control these units, and this includes being able to turn on or off, adjust set points, create custom 7-day operating schedules, and access operating data.
Geared for use in dorms, apartments, and commercial and industrial facilities, the new Kühl units can be grouped and managed together for zone cooling or building wide control.
The unit was developed with an open protocol design, offering connectivity to Friedrich’s proprietary management programs as well as other building management programs. This provides facility managers the option to control energy consumption on a large scale, even when dealing with individual room cooling units.
Kühl is a commercial grade product engineered for durability, quiet operation and energy efficiency. The units are constructed using heavy-gauge galvanized steel, rifled copper tubing, and aluminum fins. There are also fully enclosed fan motors. Meanwhile, the filtration system absorbs odors and reduces ozone as well as other volatile organic compounds to achieve up to a MERV 6 effectiveness rating. For security, EntryGard adds anti-intrusion protections and secures the unit to its sleeve.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices