The 2012 model of the Friedrich Kühl room air conditioner features optional Wi-Fi control, aimed at simplifying meeting cooling needs in a building. Facility managers can remotely control these units, and this includes being able to turn on or off, adjust set points, create custom 7-day operating schedules, and access operating data.
Geared for use in dorms, apartments, and commercial and industrial facilities, the new Kühl units can be grouped and managed together for zone cooling or building wide control.
The unit was developed with an open protocol design, offering connectivity to Friedrich’s proprietary management programs as well as other building management programs. This provides facility managers the option to control energy consumption on a large scale, even when dealing with individual room cooling units.
Kühl is a commercial grade product engineered for durability, quiet operation and energy efficiency. The units are constructed using heavy-gauge galvanized steel, rifled copper tubing, and aluminum fins. There are also fully enclosed fan motors. Meanwhile, the filtration system absorbs odors and reduces ozone as well as other volatile organic compounds to achieve up to a MERV 6 effectiveness rating. For security, EntryGard adds anti-intrusion protections and secures the unit to its sleeve.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices