The 2012 model of the Friedrich Kühl room air conditioner features optional Wi-Fi control, aimed at simplifying meeting cooling needs in a building. Facility managers can remotely control these units, and this includes being able to turn on or off, adjust set points, create custom 7-day operating schedules, and access operating data.
Geared for use in dorms, apartments, and commercial and industrial facilities, the new Kühl units can be grouped and managed together for zone cooling or building wide control.
The unit was developed with an open protocol design, offering connectivity to Friedrich’s proprietary management programs as well as other building management programs. This provides facility managers the option to control energy consumption on a large scale, even when dealing with individual room cooling units.
Kühl is a commercial grade product engineered for durability, quiet operation and energy efficiency. The units are constructed using heavy-gauge galvanized steel, rifled copper tubing, and aluminum fins. There are also fully enclosed fan motors. Meanwhile, the filtration system absorbs odors and reduces ozone as well as other volatile organic compounds to achieve up to a MERV 6 effectiveness rating. For security, EntryGard adds anti-intrusion protections and secures the unit to its sleeve.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management